Why did we buy De Jong?

de jong is one of the best, young midfield generals out there! on par with kompany imho! i might sound abit biased because i support holland, but i truly believe with have a very good player in our hands!

Cos he was shiny.

Picture this;

---------Given
Zab---Ned---Dunne--Bridge
-------NDJ----VK
SWP-----Ireland----Robinho
---------Bellamy

If the boss works up the courage to drop Richards, this would be a good line up IMO. NDJ and VK would complement each other well in the midfield.

He's a quality player de Jong, just a shame he ain't a bit taller. We were after Yaya Toure (who would have been perfect) but he wanted to stay at Barca til the end of the season so we got De Jong. Not a bad replacement at all but we could really have done with a bit more height in there

Might turn out to be a very good buy. I don't understand why we didn't get Senna anyway, seems like we could've had him if we wanted to. Then we would've had 2 really good defensive midfielders plus VK in the backline.

Flixton is blue said:
Kompany is better imo in defensive midfield.We should have scoured Europe for a class centre half who can defend set pieces.Also why were all our eggs in one basket with Santa Cruz,was he the only option available on earth.We could'nt run a piss up in a brewery

we bought him so kompany and de jong will fill the def mid role giving cover to the full backs allowing the 4 front players to express themselves don,t think they threw all there eggs in one basket with santa cruz i think we put a lot of bids out for center forwards that we will end up finding out soon teams just did,nt want to sell half way threw the season it come out today that we had a big bid rejected for benzeema in january

Thanks to you all for your constructive comments,however i still think we are seriously lacking,in fact Ken Dodds Knotty Ash all star eleven has more height up front than we do,but we still hoof it up to our forward line.

We bought de jong to appease MH he wanted to play with 2 holding midfielders so thats what he got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.