Why did we buy De Jong?

I give you a challenge, against Liverpool watch De Jong, don't take your eyes of him. If he still doesn't impress you then hes either had an off game, we've had 100% possesion or you're footballingly inept.

TFC said:
Cos he was shiny.

Picture this;

---------Given
Zab---Ned---Dunne--Bridge
-------NDJ----VK
SWP-----Ireland----Robinho
---------Bellamy

If the boss works up the courage to drop Richards, this would be a good line up IMO. NDJ and VK would complement each other well in the midfield.

I really don't get this playing two holding midfielders in front of the defence. One is enough. We are just saying to teams away from home 'we are not very confident so come and try and get through'. It gives us no width either and with very little hieght as well, this formation needs to be ditched. I know it's still quite a young back four..... but 4-1-3-2 please!!

PabZab said:
I give you a challenge, against Liverpool watch De Jong, don't take your eyes of him. If he still doesn't impress you then hes either had an off game, we've had 100% possesion or you're footballingly inept.

will be good to see him come up against maschareno (sp), I rate him very highly..they are both about the same age too.

Because without him, we've only managed 1 win away from home all season.
Because without him, we've only got Zabaleta, who's naturally a right-back, and Kompany, who's naturally a centre-back, who can play in defensive midfield, and that are any good.
Because without him, we get dicked on every counter attack, especially by good teams at home.
Because without him, our midfield is extremely weak.

Becau...I can't be arsed. They're my reasons why we bought him...

n_mcfc said:
Because without him, we've only managed 1 win away from home all season.
Because without him, we've only got Zabaleta, who's naturally a right-back, and Kompany, who's naturally a centre-back, who can play in defensive midfield, and that are any good.
Because without him, we get dicked on every counter attack, especially by good teams at home.
Because without him, our midfield is extremely weak.

Becau...I can't be arsed. They're my reasons why we bought him...

I agree, I can really see the logic in Hughes buys this window...problem is they haven't really helped. Not yet anyway, but on paper our starting 11 is very strong at the moment. Hopefully some consistency will finally find it's way to our club....

chrisi said:
RobinJo said:
exileindevon said:
i think we bought him because hes welsh

LOL
PMSL

seriously god knows why we bought him

good to know we give good international players time to settle in. dutch intl with 30 caps at 24 years old... yeah why did we buy him, bring back jeff whitley eh...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.