Why did we let Zinchenko go?

He was a great squad player. He was also never going to be the answer to our LB problem.

Most probably saw a season with Cancelo at LB, supported by Ake and/or Gomez. On the face of it, no problem.

The issue hasn’t been letting Zin go, the issue has been Cancelo having a mare and subsequently acting like a big baby. Now the supporting cast have become the main event and some are thinking ‘if only we still had Zin’. Zin was also supporting cast. Ake is doing OK. Zin would have done OK too, but neither are/were the long-term answer at LB.

My main gripe with letting Zin go was the price we basically gave him away for. He wanted to go…fine but we got a pittance for him.
He went for exactly what he was worth. Not to mention we made a big profit on the books.

Plenty of time after he has hung up his boots to pay respects, both ways.

He confessed to supporting Arsenal and left.
As far as I am concerned, he can fuck right off.

Yes , I am a dirty blue bastard.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: “There are no old friends, there are friends with many good memories and you’ll always be glad to see each of them. There is no past home, there is a place where you were very happy, and now you are happy to return. Thank you Etihad for the warm welcome!”
1f499.svg

Oleksandr Zinchenko: “There are no old friends, there are friends with many good memories and you’ll always be glad to see each of them. There is no past home, there is a place where you were very happy, and now you are happy to return. Thank you Etihad for the warm welcome!”
1f499.svg
Jack Grealish reply: "My brother. No matter what! U deserve everything my guy."

Pep doesnt want players that arnt prepared to sit on the bench when they don’t fit his tactics for particular games or run of games.. They obviously expressed a wish to leave and it was granted .. Both fantastic for City and played their part in full during their time here .. Life and football go on .. Zinny made a bit of a dick of himself last night but I won’t hold that against him for long :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.