Why did we let Zinchenko go?

He went to a club offering 3x his wages and being made starter on the team. Not a hard decision for him, also he ain’t playing in midfield for them it’s the exact same role as he had at city. So exact same role, starting and 3x the wages it’s a no brainer
Very true. Rather like James Milner. He left for Liverpool on the grounds that he wanted to play central midfield. He went to Liverpool and they played him at full back!

now it looks all the more interesting, we wanted Cucurella-Cancelo LB rotation and we end up with Ake-Sergio Gomez?
Zinchenko is levels above both in terms of passing, joining midfield and going forward.
defensively Ake is more solid but nowhere near can bring that kind of creative game as Cancelo did in his best games giving a hard time to opponents as en extra player puling the strings and creating some top goals/chances from LB position making good run/good moves/good crosses.

LB conundrum keeps going, sort it out Txiki ffs after half a decade now.

now it looks all the more interesting, we wanted Cucurella-Cancelo LB rotation and we end up with Ake-Sergio Gomez?
Zinchenko is levels above both in terms of passing, joining midfield and going forward.
defensively Ake is more solid but nowhere near can bring that kind of creative game as Cancelo did in his best games giving a hard time to opponents as en extra player puling the strings and creating some top goals/chances from LB position making good run/good moves/good crosses.

LB conundrum keeps going, sort it out Txiki ffs after half a decade now.
This just in - LB is not a problem!

Start Ake at LB!

Slipped away this thread for some reason.
Now i loved Zinchenko but the last two games have not been good to him.
All his weaknesses surfaced and lost the plot in the Everton game.Add on he cannot shoot for toffee.
Looking more and more like the main weakness in this Arsenal side now.

Slipped away this thread for some reason.
Now i loved Zinchenko but the last two games have not been good to him.
All his weaknesses surfaced and lost the plot in the Everton game.Add on he cannot shoot for toffee.
Looking more and more like the main weakness in this Arsenal side now.
He came on as a sub against us so that’s a weird take. Shoot for toffee? When I’m looking at left backs shooting isn’t high up on that list. Believe it or not defenders need to defend and zinchenko does that very well.

He came on as a sub against us so that’s a weird take. Shoot for toffee? When I’m looking at left backs shooting isn’t high up on that list. Believe it or not defenders need to defend and zinchenko does that very well.
He was an okay defender but not great and not better than Ake, it isn't even Zinchenkos best position. He did a very good job for us in the way a few , like Delph, did at left back, but he was never going to be a long term solution there.

He was targeted when he played for us, neat and tidy but not as good as Bobby Mac

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.