Why did we let Zinchenko go?

No i don't.
We sold a perfectly good full back and didn't replace him. Now it could bite us on the arse.
We sold an attacking mid who could cover at LB and who wanted out of our squad - and meanwhile we have numerous other options that are arguably better overall at LB - though too, out-of-best position.... certainly I prefer, for example, Ake at LB.

You ignore post after post after post - Zinchenko is a backup LB and we have cover better than him in our side. He wanted more playing time - which he wouldn't get in our side - he's not good enough; he's a squad player in our side.

So he's off to Arsenal and is doing well - we got a fair transfer fee - and he got a chance at more football. Win-win.

Agree with most of your post except this. Why would we want Zinchenko back? He's going great guns in his new side for now - but would be frustrated by lack of playing time in ours. A win-win trade.

We've had years-long experience with Zinchenko and can judge his ability spot on. A killer passer if left open; best position attacking mid; can fill in at LB. Best at LB if he can drift central and participate in mid.

Suspect defensively at LB. Out of position due to his own fault at times. Unable to stop crosses frequently. Positionally suspect at LB.

Prone to extremely bad mistakes especially when under pressure. A square pass across midfield is not uncommon. Under pressure he struggles - sometimes he makes a killer pass - but more often he turns and passes backwards - and not infrequently he gives the ball away.

Zinchenko is a gifted footballer - but he's nowhere near top class. Even at midfield - his best position.

I'm glad he's doing well at Arsenal - but we got a fair trade for him and no way I'd want him back in our squad - unless he was happy with a backup role.
I think they don’t regret the sale of either Zinny or Jesus. They were after better players. But i do think they maybe regret giving both players to Arsenal. Don’t get me wrong the valuations were fair neither side got over on the other. I think the only regret is not the money they got for those two but that they packaged both to Arsenal.

By the way Jesus hasn’t played for us in months and Zinny is not one of 5 best players on our side. He is good but i do agree that it isn’t like either player built up Arsenal into a juggernaut. That being said i doubt City will send multiple good players to a top 7 domestic rival again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.