Why did we sign Dzeko?

EaglesFan said:
OMG - people's tendency on this forum to blame Dzeko for everything (including blatant lack of creative midfield) when this team struggles is u-n-b-e-l-e-i-v-a-b-l-e.

Dzeko is a fine addition to this club. Who should be next to Silva next year is what you should be asking yourself.

Team that has guys like Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta, and Toure in the back 4 should NOT be playing with 2 plus midfielders every game and wander why we're not playing pretty football. Mancini so far is really not cutting it for me. And then today he takes Dzeko off and adds ANOTHER CDM in Vieira? You kidding?

I think I might just be done posting on this forum cause this is just insane...there is no football talk on here, just groups of fans favoring one player over another...

Good post.Any striker needs a semblance of service.It's hard to give a decent service when the team is set up the way we were today.

It's not just the 3 defensive type of midfield players selected but more the way it seems they were asked to play. We know Yaya can be very good when he is given licence to get forward and past the strikers but that wasnt the way it was set up today.

Mancini put 3 attacking players out there and it seemed he hoped those 3 would do the business. Well they didn't

Nelly's Left Foot said:
EaglesFan said:
OMG - people's tendency on this forum to blame Dzeko for everything (including blatant lack of creative midfield) when this team struggles is u-n-b-e-l-e-i-v-a-b-l-e.

Dzeko is a fine addition to this club. Who should be next to Silva next year is what you should be asking yourself.

Team that has guys like Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta, and Toure in the back 4 should NOT be playing with 2 plus midfielders every game and wander why we're not playing pretty football. Mancini so far is really not cutting it for me. And then today he takes Dzeko off and adds ANOTHER CDM in Vieira? You kidding?

I think I might just be done posting on this forum cause this is just insane...there is no football talk on here, just groups of fans favoring one player over another...

Good post.Any striker needs a semblance of service.It's hard to give a decent service when the team is set up the way we were today.

It's not just the 3 defensive type of midfield players selected but more the way it seems they were asked to play. We know Yaya can be very good when he is given licence to get forward and past the strikers but that wasnt the way it was set up today.

Mancini put 3 attacking players out there and it seemed he hoped those 3 would do the business. Well they didn't

Same with you post - I mean this is what it really comes down to...this team right now is just not built properly IMO.

Our formation on paper today was 4-3-3.

However, with the skill types on the field it looks more like 7-0-3 :-) as none of the guys in MF today have any true ball skills

With Silva back it turns into 6 - 1 - 3 :-)

In my opinion - time for Mancini to take some heat for that. Next year we really need another Silva-like player.

Sabster said:
Don't get me wrong he is clearly a quality player but we didn't need a striker.

Why did we sign him?

Sorry but I don't think I get what this thread is about.

You say you think he his a "quality player"

So basically your asking, why did Man City buy a quality player...

We signed Dzeko because he is fucking quality. That's why. We signed him because when he hits real form he will be close to the best stiker in the league. We signed him because he will score a hatful and will be close to unplayable.

Sabster said:
leewill31 said:
real madrid,both milans,barcalona all have at least 3 top draw forwards in there team.

2 is not enough and you being daft if you stick by that!

Now I am referring to players that can only play as central strikers.

Barcelona dont have any
Milan only have one
Inter have 2 (pazzini is not top class)
Madrid have 2

dont talk out of your arse!

we should buy a player like misimovic.. he can deliver the breathtaking pass.. Also he was one of the keyplayers in wolfburgs triumph season.. (sry bad english)
He is also the record holder for most assists in the bundesliga, in one season!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ZJ3GNjOwo[/youtube]

the way Dzeko is playing reminds me of when berba signed for the rags, quality player who dosn't seem to fit the system & is shot of confidence, he slows play down an awful lot by doing simple things wrong, mainly losing the ball.

Dzeko's movement also seems poor at the minute and the teams suffering. just hope he finds his form and everything comes together soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.