Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

I live on the south coast, I became a City fan because my grandad took me to see them a few times in my childhood. Sadly he passed away before the late 1960s glory days, but I lived in Yorkshire for 23 years and saw City play at Maine Road many times, in the first three tiers ( yes I was there when we lost to Bury). I have been to the Etihad a couple of times but it is such a hassle to get a ticket, never mind the travel and hotel costs, but I do wonder why the other clubs in the so-called top four, five or six, seem to charge extortionate prices for tickets but fill their stands more than we do. I think the owners will be reluctant to invest in more stadium capacity until the seats are filled. Someone said there were no buses or trams on Wednesday, why? Not trying to stir things up, just trying to understand why the best team in the World to watch doesn’t get a full stadium.

Perhaps due to the way Pep’s comments have been reported it’s a topic that needs discussion. Ten pages of comments with no blue on blue slagging also proves it’s a matter for discussion
if you read my post, you will see that I am a season card holder, so in all probability will be at the ground on Saturday
if you don’t want to add something to the discussion you can always find some more Guardian articles to post and then tell us not to read them

oh and I find it quite ironic that you have a go at me for being “irked” yet you are being irked every day by the Guardian and keep posting about it

I would have sent this via a PM but you won’t allow
I am convinced that @Marvin works for the circulation department of the Guardian.

the fact that this is even a thread depresses me. are our fans not fans if they don’t go to the stadium? i’m extremely privileged that i can afford to pay for tickets. not all of our fans are fortunate enough to be able to attend even if they wanted to. who cares about empty seats apart from our rivals? i sure don’t.

we shouldn’t shame our fans for their own personal choices. covid has shown us there is more to life than football. the focus shouldn’t even be on why we can’t fill a stadium; it should be on the fact we scored 6 goals in our opening UCL game. the 3rd consecutive home game where we’ve scored atleast 5 goals. without a recognised striker i might add!

i was there last night and there’s no judgement from me for anyone that didn’t attend.

I couldn’t give a fuck about peoples reasons for not going to certain games. Just like I couldn’t give a fuck about people leaving early etc.

Bunch of nosy twats some folk. “Oooh I’m a bigger fan than you because I went to City vs Whereverthefucksville FC.”

It’s all very pathetic and a bit ‘York away’.

Honestly, some people….

Posted this in the https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/leipzig-southampton-wycombe.352352/ thread.

"Seriously, why do people allow this to live in there head rent free. I wasn't at the Chumps game last night because I couldn't give two shits about the corrupt competition but I will be there Saturday to cheer on the Blues and if there's a few empty seats around me who cares cos I don't"...

He’s probably in his 60’s like me with kids that get pissed off with him (like mine) because like me He can’t even use the tv remote properly (usually coz I’ve got it upside down)

If you were my Dad I'd lock you outside in the porch until you'd got your head round it.

Did that with mine and he suddenly turned into Bill Gates within half an hour and hasn't had an issue since.

60 years of watching the Blues, I don't really enjoy going to the Etihad any more. The football is great, but the atmosphere and 'matchday experience' is average at best for the majority of games.

Domestic football will always come first for me.

The CL is the ultimate 'plastic' tournament, fixed to benefit the elite clubs, and totally overhyped. I don't like the tournament and I've no intention of attending any of the CL games. TV coverage will do for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.