Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

Did that with mine and he suddenly turned into Bill Gates within half an hour and hasn't had an issue since.

Choosing to take that seriously for a second… apparently Gates is not that much of a computer wiz (somebody who really does know IT and software told me that, and I trust them on it), but he's an exceptional assembler and organiser of teams that do include real computer wizzes.

Back to the issue in hand.For myself, I'd love to have been at the Leipzig game, but although I've held a season card for several years I don't live in the U.K. Like a nutcase, I've chosen to go back to working on Wednesday mornings, despite being retired, and it would be very, very tight indeed for me to get to the Etihad (from France) for that evening.
I would do it if I lived in greater Manchester, because if there's one thing I've made up my mind about during the Covid/lockdown period – or rather, I've had my mind made up for me – it is that watching matches on a screen at home absolutely does not do it for me (and there's no local bar/pub that was showing the match). Hope to be over soon to see my blues, but as long as your government imposes the little matter of a PCR test both before and after arriving on your shores (at a cool £80 or so a throw), even to those who've had the double jab (I have), well, I think I'll have to pass on it.
As for those who go or don't go, and whether the stadium is full — we absolutely should not allow ourselves to be bothered by this. We're just pleasing our enemies by showing that we're bothered. Fuck em.

Reactions: cbl
I went, but at:

£35 half the fuel (460 mile round trip)
£32 half the hotel
£50ish food and beverages
£6 parking near hotel
£300+ two days lost wages.

The match cost me nearly £500 all in.

It's completely understandable why people choose to miss these matches, and concentrate on Premier League games.

Apathy, never thought I'd see city win a thing and now we have it's peaked for me and my interest has wained I spend my money and time on other things.

The Aguero moment was the pinnacle and everything else doesn't come close. Reckon there will be a few like me.
I think that's very much the case for me too, although I was lucky enough to see the Joe Mercer years.
While I appreciate and enjoy the quality of most of the football on show under Pep, I just don’t seem to get excited about it as I used to. It just doesn't get me off my seat.

Cos I now live in Canada having emigrated when we were still shite.
I still blame beanie for my exodus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.