Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

Pep may have brought this on with his words, but the press and every plastic twat in the country have got exactly what they want out of this and we have helped. City fans in part turning on the best Manger the club has ever had for a throw away comment in a post match interview. Our loyalty being called in to question by plastic internet knobheads fueled by a clearly biased press. By shear coincidence in the same week that the Scum have had a truly awful result. Coincidences eh, gotta love them.

You are looking at it completely the wrong way around. Pep has fed into the lazy narrative.

City are trying to win hearts and minds, encourage new sponsors and supporters.

How does Pep saying what he has enhance the prospect of that happening?

We don't need our own manager to perpetuate the myth.

This type of shit is why the team does not get the wider recognition it deserves.

Myth becomes fact, over time. Same reason the FFP thing is always with us.

It all contributes to the wheels falling off this season if we have even the slightest run of bad results.

There is a stench around the club which suggests a mixture of taking their eye off the ball and people for granted.

You cannot build a club around one person, United and Arsenal have found that out.
Spot-on. I also think all football fans are oversensitive at the moment. They have been battered by Covid and family issues and they haven't forgotten the ESL saga. All clubs need to work hard to build a stronger relationship with their fans. We have shot ourselves in the foot with persistent comms blunders internally and externally. Has Khaldoon taken his eye off the ball?

You are looking at it completely the wrong way around. Pep has fed into the lazy narrative.

This type of shit is why the team does not get the wider recognition it deserves.

Spot on,you have,as ever,said it better than i have been attempting.

We can blame the press and other fans all we like for the reporting of it but all this has done is highlight how detached the club is from the everyday fan. We have three home games in the space of a week, most fans I know can’t afford that at the prices we charge and that’s with the lower prices for the chumps league and league cup. For us we can afford the tickets for the three games but when you factor in, fuel, parking, something to eat and a drink it is too much. Christmas is coming up and families are saving for that, we are still in the middle of a pandemic and people have worries of job security and are saving every spare penny.

Pep needs to take his head out of his little multi millionaire football bubble and realise that 99% of our fans are working class without an endless pit of cash.

It all contributes to the wheels falling off this season if we have even the slightest run of bad results.

There is a stench around the club which suggests a mixture of taking their eye off the ball and people for granted.

You cannot build a club around one person, United and Arsenal have found that out.

A strong statement that and to be honest a worrying one.

On another note watching the match on City+ Pep seemed in a odd mood all game. His rant at marhez etc.

Yes; his comments were ill juged, to put it mildly. But let's not go ridiculously OTT with the abuse of Pep on here. Criticise him by all means; he's earned it. But let's keep the childish insults out of here. Thanks.

We don't need it mate, all of what you say is true.
But do you believe it was a deliberate act? Do you also believe that a pile on by upset blues will ease the situation?
I like others am annoyed by what he said I am just not sure the wailing and gnashing of teeth is helpful.

In light of Pep's comments, if you're a season card holder, why didn't you buy a ticket and go last night?

It isn't a go at people because I'm a season card holder and haven't been to a CL game since the Liverpool quarter final
In my case it comes down to cost
I spend nearly £800 on a season card and that's enough.
My exception would be for very special games or very competitively priced matches

Very much the same.
I wish I had the money and more importantly the time to go to every game.
I went to Leicester on Saturday, and didn't feel I could justify 3 games in a week.

The truth re attendances is that United , Liverpool have a far greater depth in support, so when tickets become available there are people who will buy them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.