Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

It was a deliberate act by Pep to illicit a response, but he hasn't thought about the wider ramifications.

The statement was unsolicited. If the interviewer had said, 'Pep, there were ten thousand empty seats tonight and the ones here were quiet?', we would be burning Matt Smith at the stake.

I believe the empty seats and early leavers irks him, but he hasn't attempted to seek answers for that, as far as we know.

He would be better served putting private pressure on his paymasters and bosses to demand solutions, rather than igniting a public match that was only ever going to have fuel thrown on it by those who want to see the club fail at every turn.

We have the right to be annoyed. Everyone has there own personal journey with City.

For me, Pep is not as stupid man, but he regularly says stupid things that we generally let slide.

When it is an attack on our own supporters, however thinly veiled, he deserves a reminder that he is a servant of our club and, as such, should appreciate there would be 50k coming on Saturday, regardless of the opposition.

As it is, the photographers will be taking pictures of the empty seats dotted around, rather than the fifty-odd thousand, 38,000 of them, who have already forked out this week!!

You certainly looking at it from an angle I hadn't considered. As for photographers taking pictures of empty seats, that has been going on for an age and probably would have happened anyway. Maybe I have a simplistic and childish view that sometimes when the world looks to be against you, even if someone who should know better has added fuel to the fire, you need to circle the wagons. (I think I may have used my whole years allowance for metaphor there)

Looking from the outside, I have felt for a bit that while Khaldoon is an incredibly busy individual, City is no longer the priority it is for him and Abu Dhabi?

I only put that down the to the expansion of the CFG, the lending which has been going on to build up the group, the equity sales, the refinancing.

The CFG has always been Soriano's baby, he's a footballing snob, too busy trying to cosy in with the 'elite' that laughs behind his back.

He's created an executive clique of his choosing, enabled by someone like Khaldoon, obviously in thrall to a managerial titan, but with an increasing sense that Pep is doing us a favour by staying.

The relationship isn't equitable IMO. The club has bent over backwards for Pep but not put people and systems of equal standing in place to ensure the lower rungs of the ladder are structurally sound.
Perfect summary, Ferran should become the full time CEO of the CFG.

MCFC need a full time hands on chief, someone who understands this club, city and support base.

Omar?

Perfect summary, Ferran should become the full time CEO of the CFG.

MCFC need a full time hands on chief, someone who understands this club, city and support base.

Omar?

I don't know where you even start, mate?

Prestwich Blue was posting on here only the other week an exec director at the fan meeting was visibly stunned to hear there had been issues with ticketing this summer?

That's how far these people are removed.

When the gravy trains stops, and it will, one day, all these people will move on to jobs at the next shiny football thing.

Pep has often talked about us lacking 'history' in The Champs league by which he means we never figured in the top bracket of teams till the last 8 years or so. We now have that pedigree in every respect except in terms of crowds at group stage home games. I presume he was used to Bayern and Barca being full houses at every European game (though I can't claim to have facts on this), and he would probably feel that Liverpool and Un**ed have been the same.
Also I don't think he's ever got why we have booed the so called anthem over time.(Time to move on with that?). I think he genuinely wants to see that intimidating atmosphere evident at the big Champs league grounds (add Dortmund, Galatasaray and others to the above). However, he was stupid to raise the issue now for multiple reasons, some within City's control, others not - Ticketing chaos, crowds missing for 18 months, presumed complications about entry, access to refreshments etc., Covid continuing issues including transport concerns, overall cost of attending top level football these days, people's concern about wages, tight budgets etc. All geniuses have their flaws but having expressed our frustrations, I don't think we should overreact. Where's Brian Kidd when someone needed him for a quiet word about our local culture!

I don't know where you even start, mate?

Prestwich Blue was posting on here only the other week an exec director at the fan meeting was visibly stunned to hear there had been issues with ticketing this summer?

That's how far removed these people are removed.

When the gravy trains stops, and it will, one day, all these people will move on to jobs at the next shiny football thing.
That's the problem, the senior execs here are hired hands, I really don't think they understand us.

I don't include the Chairman in that , he clearly does, but as you stated, he appears to have to much on his plate and has become distracted.

When we won the CAS case, I really expected the club to go on a major offensive in terms of PR and putting some of the media in it's place, we have simply not done that, and indeed the opposite, in terms we have gone even more passive.

This club should be shouting from the proverbial rooftops what it has achieved and how it has pushed ALL of the English game forward for the better.

Looking from the outside, I have felt for a bit that while Khaldoon is an incredibly busy individual, City is no longer the priority it is for him and Abu Dhabi?

I only put that down the to the expansion of the CFG, the lending which has been going on to build up the group, the equity sales, the refinancing.

The CFG has always been Soriano's baby, he's a footballing snob, too busy trying to cosy in with the 'elite' that laughs behind his back.

He's created an executive clique of his choosing, enabled by someone like Khaldoon, obviously in thrall to a managerial titan, but with an increasing sense that Pep is doing us a favour by staying.

The relationship isn't equitable IMO. The club has bent over backwards for Pep but not put people and systems of equal standing in place to ensure the lower rungs of the ladder are structurally sound.

Interest g to read those opinions.
Can you expand on your thoughts that "pep" is doing us a favour by staying?
My understanding was that he is very happy, has stayed longer than his previous clubs. Loves Manchester , The club, And his players.
After 2/3 premier leagues , I sense no letting up.
Are some fans using his poorly timed opininion as an opportunity to attack other aspects of the Club they don't like, As the media will.

Reactions: OB1
Interest g to read those opinions.
Can you expand on your thoughts that "pep" is doing us a favour by staying?
My understanding was that he is very happy, has stayed longer than his previous clubs. Loves Manchester , The club, And his players.
After 2/3 premier leagues , I sense no letting up.
Are some fans using his poorly timed opininion as an opportunity to attack other aspects of the Club they don't like, As the media will.

Just my opinion. We know Pep was stalling on a renewal until Khaldoon went to meet with him in the Maldives and asked him to commit, as they needed to know about contingency planning.

Khaldoon has literally bent over backwards to ensure Pep has everything he needs, both on and off it.

The results speak for themselves.

Pep was only referencing his future again the other week, despite having two years left on his deal, there was no need to do that.

He knows he is a valuable commodity, as do City. He came here because of Txiki, he has stayed because of his relationship with Khaldoon, but I don't think it goes any further than that.

If anything, there hasn't been a move out there for him during Covid, he knows he is in the perfect place for the next two years to add to his legacy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.