Why do you follow City?

No choice in the matter, the old saying your club picks you not the other way round applies. Entire family are from the Manchester area and have been blue since before WWII

The only exception is the wife, she supports Leeds United, but she is from that way so I suppose its allowed. Saying that, her Step Dad and his family are Blues from the right side of the pennines so I never have to put up with smug reds at family occasions, which is nice...

I think I was attracted by all the trophies we were winning in the late 70s. That, and being able to consistently gloat over all the Manure, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool fans who surrounded me in the various countries I lived. They were just such an easy team to support: Winning all the time. Never in danger or relegation. Professional management. Great deals in the transfer market. Manchester being such a sunny holiday spot to visit when I could get back to the UK.

Or maybe I have just loved being a part of the greatest group of supporters: The black humour, camaraderie and unconditional loyalty no matter how low we've been. I'm still not sure how to feel or act now that we aren't the underdogs. I hope we don't lose what makes City special.

my dad is a city fan and took me to the games since i was 2. naturally i became a blue. over the years it has been cemented by the way the united fans treat you.

My Dad was about to go to a pre-season game against Spurs (I think) in the early 80s (again I think) when I was about 6 or 7 & I'd been annoying my Mum so she told my Dad to take me with him or ''she wouldn't be responsible for what would happen to me...''
Thankfully, he took me & we've never looked back. We stood side by side in the Kippax for most of the 80s, with me stood on a box at first so I could see, nearly got crushed during some crowd violence at Notts County away, cried together at Wembley 99 & still try & go whenever I make it back home for a weekend. We've seen probably more lows than highs together but wouldn't change things for the world & the family trend is continuing with my 13 year old nephew being a true blue too.

Raised in Barry Town, South Wales, then moved to Yeovil, Somerset when I was 11 and became best friends with a family from Manchester and they took me to Maine Road to see City v Blackburn, I saw Richard Edghill's first city goal and was hooked! haha

Now many years on im 25 and live in London and am a very proud City seasonticket holder!

Best day of my life meeting the Crabtree family... thanks x

Have followed them from 8 years of age am 58 now, we used to get given complimentary tickets for the reserve games by our PE teacher so my mate and his dad used to go. Remember Joe Hayes, George Hannah and Les Macdowell was the manager. When I was 11 I was allowed to get the match bus from langley to Maine road, with just me and my mates, my whole family was red and they still think Im weird.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.