Why do you follow City?

for me my name says it all she draged me to Maine Road every home game and some of the away games, and to Wembely twice against Wolves who beat us in the League Cup 2-1 in1974 and our win in 1796 against Newcastle, have been a ball boy and steward and think we will now have our turn to win things again.

kevin

My dad was a red and in my early years i was being groomed as one too, but living in Withington and being able to see the kippax from my bedroom window......there was only one club for me.

Come from a family of blues, apart from one cousin who actually played for Trafford, albeit in the A team. I grew up in Gorton, a hard-core City area. I started going when we were shit, but soon after Mercer/Allison arrived and the glorious years ran through my teens. I thought it was always going to be like that!

But then there's the fans - the black humour we nearly all seem to have just fits with me and my personality. I've had lots of laughs in and around City.

I just 'belong' with City and anywhere else seems foreign and hostile. I have always hated the feel of OT - I've been there with friends to see the Rags on odd occasions (admittedly the last time 20 years plus ago) and it's bleak and soul-less. I could never change to support another team, though I admit to missing cosy Maine Road with its ace pubs and handy chip shops. I wish we could have that bit back, but I can't imagine even the Sheikh investing in rows of Victorian-style terraces and quality ale houses.

Growing up in Northern Ireland you either followed Liverpool or Utd. I never supported either or any team for that matter until my late teens but always hated United for some reason. Watched one City game on TV and for some reason became hooked. So it was all up from there well down then up then down etc etc. Always love the matches especially in the early days at Maine Road as few people from NI travelled to City games. Bringing my nephew over to Blackburn game as he is swaying towards Liverpool so hope seeing Eastlands full with a comfortable victory will ensure he remains blue..

Dads a blue, Mum and Brother are rags.

Uncle and Cousin are big blues and most of the influence came from them because dad wanted me to make my own decision.
Another thing that repelled me about the rags is from an early age I realised they were all arrogant twats.

But yeah, best and worst decision of my life being a blue.

My uncle Bob. Took me to my first game at Maine Road in 1975. Can't remembed who we played just remember standing in the Kippax amazed by the crowd, the noise, the flags. Been in the blood ever since, Oh my sister was a red, enough said.

Used to live in ashton and various places around Manchester before moving back to Wales at the tender age of 12(mother from Manchester father Welsh) first match was 68/69 City were either top or second played Burnley who were there or there abouts, great atmosphere is what got me, been a blue since. Believe score was 0-0 but that didnt matter

I support city because my dad is a city fan. He went everyweek when he was a kid and still goes now, so as you would expect i am a city fan and have a season ticket and go to about 5-6 away games a season :)

Oh yeah and because we are gods own club ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.