Why do you follow City?

Local club, went to Wilbraham junior school on Platt La,
lived 1/2 mile away from Maine Road.
Got City kit for Xmas in early 70's,
you can't change clubs, not if your a real fan!

my dads side of family are all city. But my mothers side are reds, my uncle took me to old trafford to try and convert me. But the humour of city fans and supporting my local team was more of a pull. Been going since Boxing day 1990 when we beat norwich 2-1. Only silverware i`ve seen us lift is the division 1 title in the keegan days. and playoffs in div 2

ADE said:
In one of those Father son moments my youngest has just asked why do We support City.
For me its easy I'm a glory Hunter.
Way back as a young lad of 5 in 76 I swayed between the path of righteousness and the dark side. I clearly remember watching City win the league cup (on the Sunday) and cheering them on, equally as United got to the FA cup final in May I so wanted them to win.
I remember after they lost thinking "fuck this for a lark" I'm supporting a team that wins things. (its fair to say I may not at 5 really have been thinking fuck this for a lark).
From that day on I was a Blue...
So why do you follow the blue shirted heroes.

Sorry to p*ss on your chips ADE but the 1976 League Cup Final was played on Saturday 28th Feb. KO at 3.00 p.m.
Mind you it was a long time ago and you were only 5 years old at the time.Blimey, even I was still just about a teenager in those days, I wasn't 20 until June of 1976.

I started to follow city after signing Roberto Mancini. I know he can do great things here. I am an American without a favorite team besides who ever is playing Chelsea. I had liked city for a quite awhile and do like the rags too as the ex wife loves them. I know its like liking the Yankees and Red Sox but hell im over here in Florida the other team is on TV alot more. Im committed to City.. I love Tevez makes it easy to follow. I found away to follow city watching it on line illegally but hey the premier league needs to set up a way for me to pay and watch these games.

ADE said:
In one of those Father son moments my youngest has just asked why do We support City.
For me its easy I'm a glory Hunter.
Way back as a young lad of 5 in 76 I swayed between the path of righteousness and the dark side. I clearly remember watching City win the league cup (on the Sunday) and cheering them on, equally as United got to the FA cup final in May I so wanted them to win.
I remember after they lost thinking "fuck this for a lark" I'm supporting a team that wins things. (its fair to say I may not at 5 really have been thinking fuck this for a lark).
From that day on I was a Blue...
So why do you follow the blue shirted heroes.
Because Ive always done the opposite to what my old fella wanted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.