Why do you follow City?

when I was about 12 I played footy for school team, we came over to play manchester schools...went to Old Trafford for a visit (thought it was shite, all we seen was a fucking receptionist!) then over to Maine Road on same trip, they could not do enough for us! Tour of ground, players had kick about with us and and never forget peter barnes coming on our coach to chat and wish us well...top club and great staff....always stuck with me and main reason a gobshite from Belfast followed CITY when all his mates suported Utd or Liverpool.. think I made a good choice.

PS - when my lad was 1 (he is 3 now) took him to first game - legends lounge, he had photo with King Colin and I bumped into Peter Barnes!!

my brother supported city and took me to my first game against Ipswich in 96 when i was 7. We drew 1-1, thats when I caught the blue bug.

Having visited the fans forums for the rest of the teams in the Premier Division and found them to be full of dickheads who know nothing about the game, wums, chavs, spotty youths, illiterates and ignorami I ended up on here.

Baldrick said:
Having visited the fans forums for the rest of the teams in the Premier Division and found them to be full of dickheads who know nothing about the game, wums, chavs, spotty youths, illiterates and ignorami I ended up on here.
Er............

Well here goes, first post on here for me.

My dad grew up in a family of armchair rags. He was a blue and when he was a lad he would would save his paper round earnings to get the bus to Manchester every home game (when he didn't have enough dosh he'd walk it in from Sholver). He'd have endless piss taking by the rest of his family, including Uncle nob-head himself. When he had kids I think he finally realised he had some allies!! He's been taking me since I was a young-un and drummed City into my head....going to watch them and being amongst the City fans drummed them into my heart. It's been a ride and a half!

Needed an English team to support and when I moved to Manchester there was only going to be one team for me.

As a masochist ,it was cheaper buying a season ticket at City, than getting a prostitute to whip me every week.
I may have to support county if this continues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.