why does lescott want to leave

He said he hopes to makes the capital cup one final the other day, so the club wants him gone, he probably wants to stay. I think for a long time, the club has been trying to get rid of the high earners .

If he does leave, I hope we can call Karim Rekik back, instead of forking out £20 million to sign Pepe.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
He doesn't want to leave.Don't believe what the papers say.

This.

I also think being part of a cup winning, double winning...etc etc team will give his chances of playing in Brazil a huge boost.

If it doesn't then there is fuck all he can do to get into the team above and beyond that IMO

I'm ever so slightly the cynic here. Were Jole to play week in, week out, under Pellers (which I think applies only to perhaps Negredo, and a couple of others) and he put in stellar performances, he would still find himself behind a half dozen in Woy's peckin' order. Jones and Smalling are shite compared to Jole but the scarlet counts for a lot!!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
He doesn't want to leave.Don't believe what the papers say.

This.

I also think being part of a cup winning, double winning...etc etc team will give his chances of playing in Brazil a huge boost.

If it doesn't then there is fuck all he can do to get into the team above and beyond that IMO

I'm ever so slightly the cynic here. Were Jole to play week in, week out, under Pellers (which I think applies only to perhaps Negredo, and a couple of others) and he put in stellar performances, he would still find himself behind a half dozen in Woy's peckin' order. Jones and Smalling are shite compared to Jole but the scarlet counts for a lot!!

Micah also thinks this ;-)

George Hannah said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
This.

Micah also thinks this ;-)
Micah is better than those ahead of him for England, trouble is he's never fit to show it.

lescott has done a decent job over last few years but when compared to Vinny and Zabba some people say he's not good enough but he would walk straight into nearly every other defence in the PL ,the only player that's getting named that I would want instead is Dante and I don't think we will get him but I think a lot of it will be that his pride is hurting at the suggestion that he isn't good enough for us.

I love Joleon and he is part of our history for ever.

I still think he is the best partner for Vinny we have, but im not the boss and as his carear comes to a close the lure of a WC must be huge. We oft deride players for not caring but if Joleon really wants to give himself a chance of going to a WC who the fuck are we to question him.

As kids imsure we all dreamed about WCs what makes any footballer any different?

I want Joleon to stay as he much to offer us for the rest of the season, but if he does go he will leave with my thanks and he will be one of our cherished remembered

First team football. Any player surely wants that. What's the point of being sat on the bench every week.

A chance to play in a world cup for your country, again why would anyone not want to do that

Bigga said:
I feel for Lescott.

I think his game has come on superbly, in the last year, adding the 'passing' element that kept him out of the side, originally. It always shocks me, just lately, to see him willing to stride out and seek the forward pass and mostly reaches its target!

And that fantastic last ditch block against Morrison as he strode through our defence, in the semi...?!

Nothing short of sensational and he was a worthy captain, that night.

Certainly my preferred partner, for Komps, of late.

Totally agree, for me he is the obvious partner for kompany and i think if you could ask him he'd tell you he preferred to be partnered by jolean.
I have also been keeping a close eye on his passing, mainly because there's always someone on here slagging him off that he can't pass and iv got to be honest , he has very rarely given the ball away in the last few games hes played and iv also noticed him playing some nice early passes into the likes of silva and i too think he's worked and improved that part of his game.
He also knows his limitations and mainly keeps things simple.
I think he's worthy of more games than he's had this season, hopefully he will stay and have a great end to the season with some silverware to boot.
I also think he has a genuine affection for the club.
Maybe he will move on in the summer, but if we sign a world class c/h i would rather have jolean as back up with nasty than nasty and demechellis .
Seems a top lad aswell and if he does go will always receive a first class reception from the majority of us.
Jolean lescott, he's toppa the league !! One of my favourites .

Already a millionaire many times over if he really wanted to leave, for first team football, surely he'd take a pay cut?

Can't even think about letting him go until summer at least. Personally I'd keep him after that but it's not my decision.we absolutely need him in this fight right now and will only be weakening ourselves to let him go now, doesn't make sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.