Why does no one claim to care about Manchester City?

Thread title comes across as a bit insecure but being honest why does it bother you what other fans think about us? Just enjoy the moment were in man live it up COYB

Nuno is a very dignified and humble man, him and Big Mick my favourite Wolves managers and I've had the pleasure of meeting both away from football
Has you trying to play football the right way (as far as we’re concerned) and there is no bullshit about him.

I would agree with this but I have one stand out memory of a group of Rangers being in Mary Ds around 2006-2007 and the shouty DJ played God Save the Queen. I would almost be willing to say that this was a fever dream or induced by alcohol or drugs one night, but it definitely happened as I clearly remember my Dad and I looking at each other wondering what the fuck was going on. I'm not saying there is a solid link but I've not seen that for anyone else in our pubs, admittedly I've never seen any other fans welcomed in Mary Ds like that either.
There is definitely a fan link with Rangers. I’ve seen them with our lads a few times. We do have a loyalist following, but we have a bigger ‘not arsed’ following. As our team bus/coach states...
“We are City”

Has you trying to play football the right way (as far as we’re concerned) and there is no bullshit about him.

Its sad that after a season that can best be described as mediocre, we do have a small band of fans who want Nuno out as they think he has taken us as far as he can.

In truth, we came into this season on the back of the longest season any team has ever had with a small squad which throughout the season has been hit hard by long term injuries to key players, Raul, Jonny, Boly and Neto being the spine of the team and Nuno isolated from his wife and children who are in Portugal so he has cut a forlorn figure at times.

I really hope to see him in the Molineux dugout come August with fans chanting 'Nuno Had A Dream' once more!

Friends of mine who are fans of Blackpool, Burnley and Everton have little liking for us but even so much prefer us to the rags and the dippers who they despise. I for one have no wish to see our support expand world wide, but believe it will always be rooted in Manchester's protestant working class, which stood tall for the club in the bad times.
Spot on mate growing up in the 50s and 60s in Gorton I can name at least 20 lads all blues that went to C of E schools,the few reds I knew which weren't many went to St Francis Catholic school.Of course we have lots of Catholic fans but Utd will always be the Catholic club with the Salford link.

Why would anyone care about a club they don’t support?

I care about my 2 clubs & couldn’t give a toss about anyone else’s.

I certainly don’t feel the need to tell anyone. All a bit odd really

I'd wager the majority of this country, barring fans of United and Liverpool, will be firmly in our corner against Chelsea.

There certainly won't be a single London club not supporting us, simply on tribal lines.

Perhaps you'll get bitter sections of Villa fans rooting for a Chelsea win, but can't see Leeds, Everton or Newcastle followers wanting to do likewise.

It says much more about how bitter Liverpool and United 'fans' are!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.