Why does Stuart Pearce hate City so much?

We had some of the worst managerial appointments in the history of the game, especially in the 80s and 90s.

Alan Ball, Frank Clarke, Phil Neale, Mel Machin, John Benson etc, but I would put Stuart Pearce right at the top of the list.

He had me hate going to my clubs game, he made me question why I liked football, the man was a wonderful player, but as a manager/coach he is a joke, the man has many issues and ANYONE who puts a kid's toy on the touchline and tells the world publicly about it should not be in the game.
Pearce definitely the worse for me. Even worse than Ball because I think the Pearce squad was much stronger than Alan Ball's (despite Buster Phillips!). I have attended matches since 1968. We have had some dire teams and some great ones but even the poor ones were never boring. Pearce's team was the most boring we have ever had. Horrifically bad to watch.

Pearce definitely the worse for me. Even worse than Ball because I think the Pearce squad was much stronger than Alan Ball's (despite Buster Phillips!). I have attended matches since 1968. We have had some dire teams and some great ones but even the poor ones were never boring. Pearce's team was the most boring we have ever had. Horrifically bad to watch.
It was that bad my mate, who I used to go with, gave up his season ticket.

It's all in the statement he made after being sacked. "They only needed me as a stop-gap until Sven-Goran Ericson arrived". No Pearcey, its because we did fuck all at Home in your final 6 months.
If that was the case, he was a fucking long stop-gap.

Bloody idiot!

I don’t know what’s worse, his managerial skills or his co-commentating.

"Your Kevin de Bruynes, your Phil Fodens."

No, Stuart, there’s only one of each.

If that was the case, he was a fucking long stop-gap.

Bloody idiot!

I don’t know what’s worse, his managerial skills or his co-commentating.

"Your Kevin de Bruynes, your Phil Fodens."

No, Stuart, there’s only one of each.
But just imagine if, in Pearce's world, we could have 3 of each !!! Plus, 2 Rodri's etc etc
OMG we would literally be unstoppable ...... In Pearce's world of course ;-)

Totally agree and to be fair Ball was under orders from Lee to cull our squad due to finances.

Many games at the Etihad under Pearce I wanted to leave at half time because it was that bad, FFS even the thought of the football under him makes me go on a downer.

It was that bad my mate, who I used to go with, gave up his season ticket.
Quite a lot did -a mate of mine who Travelled up from Cambridge packed it in that season after 30 years -due to circumstances etc he only saw one Goal all Season.

Even his wife thinks he is thick.
I remembered that at the time he took the City job full time, he agreed to a no compensation clause. As such, he could walk away or we could sack him without having to cough up any cash. When his 2 year contract was up, we let him go without paying him anything.
MUEN article with his wife's view attached.

Up to that season I had a season ticket in CB level 3 at the side of the TV/press box. I swapped to SS level 2 at half the cost. As I though the football on show was only worth half what I was paying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.