Why does the club allow poor journalism? Is this the worst article ever?

I wasn't suggesting having a slanging match in public. There are more subtle ways of handling these issues and I am sure we will already be using them. You must never give oxygen to the trolls but even an organisation like the Independent doesn't like being made to look stupid by publishing inaccurate information. There is a reason why Evans is now a freelance though he used to hold a prestigious position in the UK media as Football Editor of The Times.

He might be freelancing to the mainstream media, but there is nothing remotely freelance about his employment with Liverpool FC

Seems to me he’s just using City as yet another excuse for his beloved Liverpool’s car crash of a season

if they’d been managed properly and not gone into meltdown, they would be right up there with us.. and the bin dipper wouldn’t be playing city bingo
There does seem to be more than a little of that. He does seem to accept that FSG are dominated by financial aims but his argument that Liverpool's title win was the aberration has more than a hint of Klopp's "we can't compete". However this is aimed at both Manchester clubs (even though there's only one!) and seems to be the latest articulation of Liverpudlian sour grapes.

I wasn't suggesting having a slanging match in public. There are more subtle ways of handling these issues and I am sure we will already be using them. You must never give oxygen to the trolls but even an organisation like the Independent doesn't like being made to look stupid by publishing inaccurate information. There is a reason why Evans is now a freelance though he used to hold a prestigious position in the UK media as Football Editor of The Times.

You and I are as one on this, but as for......

"more subtle ways of handling these issues and I am sure we will already be using them"

I struggle to think what those subtle ways might be and whatever they are they're clearly not working.

Meanwhile Sam Wallace in the Telegraph goes in hard on United. His big buddy Neil Ashton won't be pleased.
Behind a paywall but for those who know how it should be accessible:

"There is certainly no shortage of ideas when it comes to taming the game’s billionaire arrivistes, or reworking the domestic and European game to the advantage of United and fellow storied franchises. But tick tock goes the clock. Almost eight years since Ferguson departed and no closer to a title. Season by season City are building an empire, one which United are quite capable of fighting on their resources. They just do not know how."

He still has a pop at City with the same old tropes.

You and I are as one on this, but as for......

"more subtle ways of handling these issues and I am sure we will already be using them"

I struggle to think what those subtle ways might be and whatever they are they're clearly not working.
I actually think the worm is slowly turning, especially since CAS. There are a lot less hostile articles about our ownership. The Times for example has totally changed its editorial position since it was burned by the false UEFA leaks. There is a relatively small group of journalists who continue to pump out the "sportswashing" conspiracy theory. But they are mostly freelances who are struggling to make a living and are happy to sell any story they can and the anti-City narrative will always drive clicks because of the huge fanbases of LFC and MUFC.

It is just opinion and nothing the club can do about it.

There is an factually incorrect point about city never being in the 21 game winning run when of course we were in Cheltenham.

The more success we have the more of this shite will be written , the media desperatley want the return of Dipper/Rag dominance they were jizzing themselves earlier in the season with a possible Rag/Dip title race and along come likkle Citeh to piss on their chips.
Our club is now established and will now always be in the top positions and winning multiple trophies for the next couple of decades at a minimum ,the long term planning of our owners has been exemplary and the world wide CFG is being built for a reason.
The "Sheik will get bored with City" rhetoric is looking rather silly , let the salty tears of the media run like a river we aren't going away.

It us so funny because these biased idiots are continually spouting the same old cliched barbs ar ourselves and the club

It is so watered down now that I just laugh and take the piss out of them

I am glad we are making them suffer so much, and it hurts them even more that we aint going nowhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.