Why does Yaya always looked f*cked ?

10 day break from games will do him the world of good. He was running for most of the game against Newcastle and Villa, but seemed to be spent against Blackpool. So I was always worried about yesterday.

becoz he is playing along side MIlNER and BARY who were very very poor last night against arsenal ...when ever yaya and tevez creates good chance here is milner he wastes the chance and does alot of mistake and he gives the ball to the opponents ...so he looks frustrated what about JO fucking poor ..we have to look those players ....where is adebayor he can't get chance. am just frustrated and that is my view point don't get me wrong .i love man city as u do.

bluemoonste said:
Don't get me wrong, he is immense with his power and his runs and I think he's a top player but I've never seen a player so out of breath all the time ?

Still a top player for us tho :-)

When he first came to City i posted a few times that i thought Yaya Toure was the fattest player in the Prem. He looked slow, sluggish and terribly unfit.

Over the last 8weeks or so i have been really impressed with Yaya's fat loss. His fat arse is almost gone! and he has beneiftted greatly fitnesswise for the loss of fat and increase in CV fitness. However, that doesn't mean his VO2 Max levels are high. His anaerobic threshold for the high intensity runs he has been putting in may well still be quite low and thus he is absoluetly fucked after a high intesnsity run. This will keep improving over time but to be hinest i don't think we'll see a complete performance (great marauding runs forward, often and effectively; good passing display; and hard work running and closing opposition players down - all for 90minutes) until late this season or maybe even next season.

blueabdi said:
becoz he is playing along side MIlNER and BARY who were very very poor last night against arsenal ...when ever yaya and tevez creates good chance here is milner he wastes the chance and does alot of mistake and he gives the ball to the opponents ...so he looks frustrated what about JO fucking poor ..we have to look those players ....where is adebayor he can't get chance. am just frustrated and that is my view point don't get me wrong .i love man city as u do.

Sorry but not having that about Barry I thought he had pretty good game (2 or 3 stray passes I grant you) Milner was a six out of ten plenty of effort but didn't show us the quality.

Jo was pretty poor last night but was asked to do a job that was not his normal role (whatever that is now)

One thing last night showed was that we need a forward who can hold the ball up and play in others, looking at the clips of Dzeko I think he would have been perfect last night whereas Adebayor would have spent the game in an offside position as always, that guy has been a big let down.

Here we go again....a 6ft 4inch box to box merchant=doubt it very much, you ever seen the big decathletes do the steeplechase. He'll grow into the SI attaking midfield role but more than that will be over eggin it.

Did somebody above spout Barry having a poor game? Yeah a couple of stray passes littered with a dozen moments his face popped into the plot to wisely negate the stress. The fact his style feels little need to ram home the point of him mopping up akin Tevez's method ...does not mean he ain't doing exactly the same thing. In fact if an observer watches him stamp his prowess on a stressful scenario they'll notice all other profesional footballers (not internet posters) after clocking his immediate left/right 'abouts'...invariably decide to pull off him...that's a bit of a tipping of the hat from a fellow pro, truth is he's very good at changing/fakin direction in order to slide the plot along.Whilst Tevez over dramatised the same move and the TV commentators remarked upon it, Barry matched it and escaped the prose. Probably the reason some TV viewers wrongly thought he played shit...easy enough mistake to make.

discopop said:
blueabdi said:

Sorry but not having that about Barry I thought he had pretty good game (2 or 3 stray passes I grant you) Milner was a six out of ten plenty of effort but didn't show us the quality.

Jo was pretty poor last night but was asked to do a job that was not his normal role (whatever that is now)

One thing last night showed was that we need a forward who can hold the ball up and play in others, looking at the clips of Dzeko I think he would have been perfect last night whereas Adebayor would have spent the game in an offside position as always, that guy has been a big let down.

Barry and Milner were absolute dogshit.

It is one thing to exert energy, it's another to run quicker than a tortoise and pass the ball to a team-mate.

A lot of the problems last night were down to their lack of mobility.

It's not their fault, they are simply the wrong type of footballer for how football is played at the very top level.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
discopop said:

It is one thing to exert energy, it's another to run quicker than a tortoise and pass the ball to a team-mate.

It's not their fault, they are simply the wrong type of footballer for how football is played at the very top level.

Can't agree with you Tolmie but each to their own view, I think Milner has plenty of mobility but is generally being asked play in a position which is probably not suited, Barry we know has the turning time of an oil tanker but was in there to break up play and try and pass the ball on (something he did pretty well in the last month looking at the player of the month award on this site) but when a team is defending with 2 very tight blocks of 4 and 5 with a packed midfield facing it, it was always going to be difficult to get an out ball with Tevez pretty much on his own up front and to lay the blame on them two when nobody in midfield or attack showed much is pretty harsh.

BTW keep up the mystic Vids and heads up post I for one like them

discopop said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Can't agree with you Tolmie but each to their own view, I think Milner has plenty of mobility but is generally being asked play in a position which is probably not suited, Barry we know has the turning time of an oil tanker but was in there to break up play and try and pass the ball on (something he did pretty well in the last month looking at the player of the month award on this site) but when a team is defending with 2 very tight blocks of 4 and 5 with a packed midfield facing it, it was always going to be difficult to get an out ball with Tevez pretty much on his own up front and to lay the blame on them two when nobody in midfield or attack showed much is pretty harsh.

BTW keep up the mystic Vids and heads up post I for one like them

No probs, mate, will agree to disagree here.

My own take on football is people such as Barry are okay in straight lines breaking up play.

It's when they come up against the top teams who play in triangles, when their limitations are exposed.

It's not even a pace thing in the main, same with Milner.

Scholes has been man-of-the-match twice for United up against Barry. Hardly a speed demon.

Barry and Milner allow people to run off the back of them all the time.

Nasri's goal at our place a case in point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.