Why don't we have a better atmosphere?

Most city fans are boring and lazy. They refuse to 'support' the team during a game. The fact of the matter is that most of the people reading this thread shout or sing nothing during a game.

When are you fans going to pull your fingers out?!

When we were shit there was nothing else to but get drunk and sing.
I now find myself so engrossed in the football I forget about singing or clapping.
It is pure artistry at times like going to the Theartre.

I think most grounds have the same problem. In the good old days one of the main reasons people went to a game was for the atmosphere. There is so much football in every day life these days, going to a match does not carry the same magic. People do not see it as any different to watching on the telly - they just go to watch the game, end of story. Where I sit, in the east stand, if I was to start singing it would be frowned upon. It was the same at maine road during the last 10 years! I know it's been said before but the club could be doing a lot more to create a better atmosphere. If you can be thrown out just for standing up at the wrong time, what hope have we got?

Mike N said:
Most city fans are boring and lazy. They refuse to 'support' the team during a game. The fact of the matter is that most of the people reading this thread shout or sing nothing during a game.

When are you fans going to pull your fingers out?!

Every morning after a game I can hardly speak both if I'm watching at the Etihad or at home on TV! I even get people at home telling me to calm down cos I'm so loud in front of the tele!!

kippax_blueboy said:
When we were shit there was nothing else to but get drunk and sing.
I now find myself so engrossed in the football I forget about singing or clapping.
It is pure artistry at times like going to the Theartre.

You almost had me thinking you were serious for a minute there!

We are 4the in attendance standings.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/attendances/premierleague" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/atten ... mierleague</a>

danburge82 said:
Golden Balls, the opening words to your post are wrong. The Etihad may well be a fairly nice looking stadium, we are very lucky to have it and without it we wouldn't have the Sheikh; but it is not a fantastic stadium. I'd go as far to say its a bit shit as far as being a proper football stadium goes.

Also it's the fifth highest capacity in the league, not third (Old Trafford, Emirates, Sports Direct, Stadium of Light are all bigger than ours).

It's a symmetrical stadium that doesn't lend to any individuality in any stands ("We are the South Stand" - so fucking what, you're half a stand where the other half [away fans] are louder than you, your name is bland/shit, and there's twice as many Blues down the other end!). The tiers are too small therefore separating fans into small chunks here and there. We have about 3000 seats (standing area) for vocal fans which is utterly woefully pathetic - I could name twenty+ clubs that have more than that, even Stockport have more than that as a vocal stand. It's too nice, people sit back, relax and watch the football in - for many - absolute silence every single week. Its like we have three main stands and one noisy end which is half and half [home and away]. When we play at home in the cups we have to move our already too tiny vocal area to house a fucking mass of away fans - this is APPALLING! - imagine the Kop or Stretford End having to do this?! The away fans get pride of place and it looks like there's about 10000 of them on tele. The roof is so high up and points out to the sky so any atmopshere is lost upwards. Etc...

I can remember all our good atmospheres since we moved there (Chlesea, their only loss in 04-05, Villa Saturday tea time win in 04, the first derby there 4-1 in 04 and Hamburg which was good but not as good as is looked back on). Ask a Spurs/Stoke/Derby fan the same question and he'd name you that many a season at their grounds.

People in the vocal areas think we have a good atmosphere - ive stood over in both and thought the same - but away from them areas it sounds like a murmur in the corner most of the time and anytime an away team brings a full allocation they almost always out-noise our vocal areas. I watch back every game, win/lose/draw, on Football First and Sky+ and rarely do you hear a good atmosphere coming across on the tele.

Any bright ideas of how to fix this then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.