Why don't we have a better atmosphere?

it got nothing to do with the roof the away fans make tonnes of noise, its about fans mainly the south stand that just dont sing even though there the singing section ?

bluebannana said:
it got nothing to do with the roof the away fans make tonnes of noise, its about fans mainly the south stand that just dont sing even though there the singing section ?

The away fans make lots of noise because they're ultimately only taking up half a dozen blocks, the roof is an issue as the acoustics it creates (or doesn't) inevitably means we have the corner of the East Stand singing one song, the South Stand singing another as the sound doesn't travel and the rest of the stadium hearing neither.

GazC said:
bluebannana said:

The away fans make lots of noise because they're ultimately only taking up half a dozen blocks, the roof is an issue as the acoustics it creates (or doesn't) inevitably means we have the corner of the East Stand singing one song, the South Stand singing another as the sound doesn't travel and the rest of the stadium hearing neither.

the rest of the ground cant hear most of the time because they dont sing, hamburg proves it doesnt matter about the roof just people singing, you can hear the south stand singing from the north stand, but only when we score and only for about 40 seconds, people just need to actually sing

Having tiers badly affects the atmosphere, the high roof badly affects it and having two singing ends separated by the away fans badly affects it.

Only one answer. Move the away fans to the other side of the south stand. Give the fans one voice

bluebannana said:
GazC said:
bluebannana said:

the rest of the ground cant hear most of the time because they dont sing, hamburg proves it doesnt matter about the roof just people singing, you can hear the south stand singing from the north stand, but only when we score and only for about 40 seconds, people just need to actually sing

How can one game prove the exception? I think people's memory of that game are skewed as it is, it was by no means the hotbed of noise people on here paint it to be.

Didsbury Dave said:
Having tiers badly affects the atmosphere, the high roof badly affects it and having two singing ends separated by the away fans badly affects it.

Only one answer. Move the away fans to the other side of the south stand. Give the fans one voice

all that means nothing though DD if fans do not open their mouths.

There are 3,000 away fans and 3,000 home fans or there abouts in the south stand. Whilst one side (the away) sing non stop, all together at the same time whilst it can be heard where ever in the ground, the other side (the home) make no noise whatsoever unless we have just scored. Until we get that sorted, all the logistics of where fans should be placed is pointless.

GazC said:
bluebannana said:
GazC said:

How can one game prove the exception? I think people's memory of that game are skewed as it is, it was by no means the hotbed of noise people on here paint it to be.

because it was a good atmosphere so was against chelsea a few years ago and villa, the reason was because people sang, not because of the roof, look at when the rags played us in the carling cup semi, they had ther entire stand and sung, it sounded great, we have the entire east stand which is bigger, if the east stand all sang together it would sound great

bluebannana said:
GazC said:
bluebannana said:

because it was a good atmosphere so was against chelsea a few years ago and villa, the reason was because people sang, not because of the roof, look at when the rags played us in the carling cup semi, they had ther entire stand and sung, it sounded great, we have the entire east stand which is bigger, if the east stand all sang together it would sound great

And I don't doubt that for a second mate, but if the entire east stand sung and it could be heard coherently by the Colin Bell and North Stand it would be even better. Ultimately comparing 3,000 home fans and 3,000 away fans is pointless; the majority of one set go to the game for a piss up and a sing-song, the vast majority of the others go with family as a means of being entertained rather than creating entertainment for themselves.

As it stands we have two singing sections, with maybe 5,000 fans in total who want to go to each and every home game and create a racket; and, imo, they do, just in isolation of each other. Changes need to be made in the summer, and to me the obvious thing to do is move the away fans to the corner of the South Stand and Colin Bell. It's already been stated in this thread, I think, that the logistics of doing this would be fairly simple. That would only create a good atmosphere though as the numbers are still small and the sound will still not travel to the rest of the stadium.

because it was a good atmosphere so was against chelsea a few years ago and villa, the reason was because people sang, not because of the roof, look at when the rags played us in the carling cup semi, they had ther entire stand and sung, it sounded great, we have the entire east stand which is bigger, if the east stand all sang together it would sound great[/quote]

And I don't doubt that for a second mate, but if the entire east stand sung and it could be heard coherently by the Colin Bell and North Stand it would be even better. Ultimately comparing 3,000 home fans and 3,000 away fans is pointless; the majority of one set go to the game for a piss up and a sing-song, the vast majority of the others go with family as a means of being entertained rather than creating entertainment for themselves.

As it stands we have two singing sections, with maybe 5,000 fans in total who want to go to each and every home game and create a racket; and, imo, they do, just in isolation of each other. Changes need to be made in the summer, and to me the obvious thing to do is move the away fans to the corner of the South Stand and Colin Bell. It's already been stated in this thread, I think, that the logistics of doing this would be fairly simple. That would only create a good atmosphere though as the numbers are still small and the sound will still not travel to the rest of the stadium.[/quote]

agree the away fans do need to be moved, however for us to have to move the away fans in order to have a good atmosphere is just ridiculous, we might win the league in god know how long, just beat bayern, cup semi, its never been better, yet the atmos is shite, it was better when we were being relegated,

Wow, how peoples view of the Etihad varies. For me, I think it's brilliant. Easy access, easy parking ( I park near the Kippax pub and walk ) and great views. The atmosphere is for the fans to sort although I believe City have tried many things to help. Even playing chants on the tannoy remember! The best atmosphere in the Premiership has been created by Stoke and Portsmouth but their fans have not been anywhere near as loyal as City's. I sit in the Colin Bell stand and see the same fans as the first home League game in the Etihad ( v Portsmouth ). Most of them don't chant but always turn up. Some of them don't even moan. I think for some people it's a very personal experience and not for sharing others love the banter and songs. I also think that song choices could be improved. The constant anti united songs are boring and many fans just want City supporting songs with good tunes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.