Why has tonight annoyed me and so many blues so much

Because after gaining a good advantage we're staring those rags right between the eyes and they've got the momentum. We've all presumed up to now that this would be our season but now we're going back to our default position that ultimately they end up winning and we don't. And then we feel that sickness in the pitt of our stomachs that theyre going to win it again but this time at our expense. Let's just hope Chelsea can do them

awest said:
Because it was Everton away and deep down we knew we would lose. And we did.

What the hell does Aguero or Nasri, to name two, know about losing to Everton?

Watch out we are playing X next week, odds are we will lose because we struggled with Jo and Santa Cruz. Really?

Balti said:
Danny St.helens CTID said:
As above
Can't put my finger on why exactly but were all pissed off Tonight More than ever and I am fuming with mancini's subs and dzeko and johnson and aguero

But why? Has tonight sadly turned our season for the worst?

Not really. Top of the league still.
Being top of the league from games 1-37 means exactly fuck all!

jellert said:
The eyes of Moyes at the final wistle... Oehh he hates City
this, he really is obsessed, but where his after match speech about drenths leg breaker tackle on richards the boggle eyed hypocritical twat.

Because away from home the wheels have come off. 1 goal in 4 games!

Because we have no plan B. Sit deep and hit us on the break guarantees teams get at least a point against us when we are away.

Because we have fucked up the transfer window by not bringing in a striker or a winger. Tevez has gone AWOL and Balotelli is out again so what options do we have from the bench?

In addition to the blatantly piss-poor refing, the subpar performance of our team, and the piss in the mouth taste of being foiled by everton again, the standard of commentary that I have access to here in America is also shocking. I'm not sure if those of you watching on telly over there had these same two guys (Alan and Nigel something or other on foxsoccer), but it's as if they took the usually bad commentary bits from the whole season thus far (and it has been pretty bad on the whole) and smashed it all into one blithering game:

#1-City and their money/payroll/expectations/etc (this comment x 1,000 every time they need something to say)

#2-Attacking Micah Richards in every way possible, portraying him as just a freak offensive/speed guy when in fact he is a fantastic, intelligent defender. "a back in name only" are you effing serious?

#3-Blatantly deep throat BJing the entire Everton organization for having the bravery to even step onto the pitch with big bad naughty city (then a repeat of #1, ad nauseum)

#4-Never calling out the officials for their inconsistencies

#5-Suggesting that Vinny's yellow card was because "like it or not, he now has a reputation", even though the reality is that VK is a clean, talented, solid defender who has been completely and unfairly attacked through poor decisions of referees.

#6-Not even raising your voice when Nasri's beautiful shot hit the crossbar, but barely being able to contain your glee every time anything went Everton's way

#7-Making a game between Everton and Manchester City somehow about Manchester United, their former players, and how the match would effect them.

#8-did I mention THE PRAISE FOR EVERTON EVERY OTHER SECOND??? You showed your true colors every moment, never even thinking about City supporters and the fact that we might be watching too.

#9-Saying that you did not understand a substitution at all instead of trying to take a guess at the manager's intentions and breaking it down for the viewing audience WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR JOB.

#10-City's team was expensive to assemble. The players are talented. There are expectations o'plenty and high hopes. WE KNOW. There is so much more to this club than what you portray it as: a team of mercenaries that gives you an underdog-boner for every squad we compete against. Please, I pray thee, talk about FOOTBALL, talk about tactics, talk about performance, talk about the intricacies of the game, talk about ANYTHING but the kind of shite in #1-9. This team has come so far, but even if we hadn't and were only being judged on this year alone, we still deserve fair, honest, insightful commentary that does not take a side. Everyone might love an underdog but everyone does NOT always hate the team that might be favored to win on any given night. This is our soul, our blood. I'd love to mute the game, but I don't want to miss so much as the sound of a foot striking a ball. If I have to hear you for 90-something minutes Alan dear, please remember, City supporters exist. Even though I have only been among their ranks for a short time, I feel for the super supporters, the ones who have endured all manner of misery for decade upon decade, who have never abandoned their club. Most of them are probably actually at the match live, but for those that aren't, they deserve to look at the screen and both hear their team being spoken of in a positive way AND to have their team be seriously challenging for a title at the same time. Just because City have not been sitting with the traditional "big boys" in the English football treehouse for long doesn't mean you have to try to knock us to the ground, criticize the way we climbed into it with every breath, and blatantly try to boost up everyone beneath us.

Rant over. But yeah, that's why tonight annoyed this American Blue so much.

ps -who called the game on tv in the Manchester area? are there guys who are actually decent and different?

LoveCity said:
Because everything about tonight's game was depressingly predictable, almost like a script.

1. Everton raising their game like they don't against other sides. All over Lescott still.

2. A blatantly corrupt referee who has been given this fixture three times in a row now, each game with the same pattern, the same one-sided performance, and the same outcome. Walton's proud record remains, no wins for City with him at the controls since the takeover.

3. Us squandering the openings we get with a mix of bad decision making and bad luck (Nasri hitting the bar). I knew we wouldn't score no matter how much we attacked, it was depressingly predictable like I said.

2 + 3, sometimes it doesn't matter if you play wank, you can still win. We had penalty shouts that in the other box would have been given, one of their players should have been sent off for a diabolical challenge and again, if it was the other way around a certain red. We're being severely f*cked over by referees, it isn't even subtle.

you can add a number 4, a divided club of the pitch that didn't listen to the manager who has been saying since the summer the squad needs strengthening. It does and not by 1,or 2 players but still needs a good 4 more quality players. Or maybe Jose is on his way.. If he is he will have a cast iron guarantee the he has a major pot Marwood is history. I hope Booby is succesfull and title, or not he gets another season, but this is club with a big future and second best isn't on the agenda. Does anyone know who forced through the Edin transfer, as I read he wasn't Mancinni's choice?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.