Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

Why - Because the Football Cartel did and are still trying to do anything legal or illegal to slow us down - simples

We have been at war in the background and will continue to do so - they fucking hate us

Just about sums the post up nicely.

Time has proven it was a huge mistake getting rid of Mancini and appointing Pellegrini, its not even up for debate.

I find it strange that there are still blues are so entrenched in their positions they are still making up stories about Mancini to try and justify the fact they got it so wrong.

As spectacular a miss quote as you are ever likely to see on here lol.

Just about sums the post up nicely.

Time has proven it was a huge mistake getting rid of Mancini and appointing Pellegrini, its not even up for debate.

I find it strange that there are still blues are so entrenched in their positions they are still making up stories about Mancini to try and justify the fact they got it so wrong.

If you say so. I'd say Mancini's post City career signposts how wrong City were but there you go.

What City did so well under Mancini was buy really well. And since then we've done it really badly.

It would easy to point the finger at Txiki but I think that there are other factors at play.

1) Very obvious point is FFP. Not only were we sanctioned which had a direct effect but we cut our cloth in advance to try and pass.

2) The rest of the Premiership is now spending. This week I read that Palace are offering Zaha £110k pwer wk. Utd pay over £300k per week for their top players. Lingaard gets over £100k pw. So the financial clout we originally had is not so significant, and the competition for top players has grown.

On the debit side we were also in a fantastic position to recruit players as we were the champions. Chelsea for instance have been a lot more efficient in the transfer market.

Why - Because the Football Cartel did and are still trying to do anything legal or illegal to slow us down - simples

We have been at war in the background and will continue to do so - they fucking hate us

This for me is, was, and if they can, will be the main reason and the root cause of a lot of the stuff we perceive as bad management, i.e. transfer policy.

What City did so well under Mancini was buy really well. And since then we've done it really badly.

It would easy to point the finger at Txiki but I think that there are other factors at play.

1) Very obvious point is FFP. Not only were we sanctioned which had a direct effect but we cut our cloth in advance to try and pass.

2) The rest of the Premiership is now spending. This week I read that Palace are offering Zaha £110k pwer wk. Utd pay over £300k per week for their top players. Lingaard gets over £100k pw. So the financial clout we originally had is not so significant, and the competition for top players has grown.

On the debit side we were also in a fantastic position to recruit players as we were the champions. Chelsea for instance have been a lot more efficient in the transfer market.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things. Yes we bought well in the summer of 2010 and 2011 but it was always "accelerated spending" to push the club into the top 4. By 2012 we'd won the title.

Yes FFP was a factor but so was Mansour's insistence that the club become self sustaining. By the summer of 2012 the squad was top heavy and needed pruning as the wage bill was eclipsing turnover which is unsustainable madness in almost every respect.

Ultimately Mancini was a "special circumstances" guy and he was obsolete as soon as the title was won in 2012.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things. Yes we bought well in the summer of 2010 and 2011 but it was always "accelerated spending" to push the club into the top 4. By 2012 we'd won the title.

Yes FFP was a factor but so was Mansour's insistence that the club become self sustaining. By the summer of 2012 the squad was top heavy and needed pruning as the wage bill was eclipsing turnover which is unsustainable madness in almost every respect.

Ultimately Mancini was a "special circumstances" guy and he was obsolete as soon as the title was won in 2012.
Well I look at the team now and Pep is playing midfielders and wingers in full back positions and forced to play Toure who should have been replaced some while ago. We also have bought really poorly in the central defensive position. I accept that the budget has changed and money is no object, but we were also in a very strong position as Champions where we could cherry-pick the best players in football. I think Txiki is massive asset to this football club who must have been central to Guardiola coming here. But the purchase of players for the first team has not been great and we're basically overhauling the team now....under a Football Director that should not happen. A squad should be renewed continually and not allowed to grow old. I accept he, or we tried, but we failed.

Well I look at the team now and Pep is playing midfielders and wingers in full back positions and forced to play Toure who should have been replaced some while ago.

Not buying players is not the same as buying badly. That's a mistake or an obfuscation of the truth which is often made on here.

We also have bought really poorly in the central defensive position.

When we purchased Otamendi and Mangala they were considered two of the most exciting centre halfs in Europe. The fact that with hindsight the Mangala transfer didn't work out is ... well, it happens. The point is you can't know when you go to buy whether you're buyhing poorly or not. What we didn't do in both instances is go for the "cheap" option. We went for the 'buzz' players. The kinds of transfers that are meant to be no brainers. But sometimes don't turn out that way.

I accept that the budget has changed and money is no object, but we were also in a very strong position as Champions where we could cherry-pick the best players in football.

Again this is factually incorrect. In the summer of 2012 we were not in a position to cherry pick the best player in football, nor were we in that position in 2014. No idea why you'd make such an assertion. In 2012 it was made crystal clear by the club's owners that the spending of the previous two years was over and that any significant additions to the squad would only happen if players were sold. In 2014 we were under sanction from UEFA so although both Pellegrini and the club wanted to sign Alexis Sanchez for example they also were cognisant that the priority position was centre half and a central midfielder was also needed.

I think Txiki is massive asset to this football club who must have been central to Guardiola coming here. But the purchase of players for the first team has not been great and we're basically overhauling the team now....under a Football Director that should not happen. A squad should be renewed continually and not allowed to grow old. I accept he, or we tried, but we failed.

Although there is some truth in what you're saying, it simply isn't as black and white as you're trying to make out. The overhaul of the team isn't happening "now". It started two years ago with KDB and Raz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.