Why haven't we named more of our stands after former legends?

They are going to have a poll at the end of summer 2019 And it’s rumoured that the north stand will be renamed ‘Viva Forever BFF girls are the best stand’ for reasons of gender equality and to recognise that the miserable one isn’t turning out.

I think rather than renaming stands we should build statues.

I've said previously it would be more flexible to have a 'wall of legends' where we added players to an ever growing collection of statues. The marketing team would love it. Would look great in City square or behind the East Stand. Would be a great photo opportunity for tourists (Think of the I AMSTERDAM piece which everyone who goes there seems to get a picture in front of).

Then I think it would be more apt to name the stands after something more meaningful to the club i.e. The Centurions stand, 1894 stand, The New Kippax etc.

If we rename all our stands now though, we'll end up having way better achievements we can't commemorate as well. :')

Rather than the 3 remaining stands after one player I think that we should name blocks after players.

We already have 93:20 section and we all know the significance of that.

Random players on and blocks off the top of my head.

Pablo Zabaleta block -111
Bert Trautmann -326
Shaun Goater -225
Dennis Tueart -302
Neil Young - 304
Etc etc

And a special stand for living leg-end Yaya Toerag- Hotdog stand

Last edited:
i would prefer the club concentrate on more pressing matters, such as what to name the concourse toilets.

i like the sound of the 'danny mills piss stone', or the 'mcmannaman shithouse'. finish it off with a nice picture of pointy in the u-bend and danny mills' face to aim at in the urinal.

so, come on city!! listen to what the fans really want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.