Why haven't we named more of our stands after former legends?

Rather than the 3 remaining stands after one player I think that we should name blocks after players.

We already have 93:20 section and we all know the significance of that.

Random players on and blocks off the top of my head.

Pablo Zabaleta block -111
Bert Trautmann -326
Shaun Goater -225
Dennis Tueart -302
Neil Young - 304
Etc etc

And a special stand for living leg-end Yaya Toerag- Hotdog stand
Good idea.

The 93:20 section is at the wrong end of the ground though. Since the 93:20 goal was scored down at the North Stand

There's a bit of a ring about The Corradi Stand, The Danny Mills End, The Gorgeous Greek Family Stand or The McMannamanmanamanmaan Lounge. With all the quality we've had over the decades we will have to name each SEAT after a club legend. Bags my seat for Dave Ewing!

Good idea.

The 93:20 section is at the wrong end of the ground though. Since the 93:20 goal was scored down at the North Stand
I agree. Northstand it should be.

Paul Lake -109
Dave Watson -301.
Bert Trautmann -305
Joe Hart- 137
There are plenty to go at but I'd save a few blocks for the likes of Kompany Silva and Fernandinho.

I don’t agree with the argument that we have too many people to name the stands after. Other large clubs name stands and they have the same issue

If there’s one player we should pick it’s Bert trautman. No one will ever repeat or do what he did.

If not name then after the club/area. The kippax would be great to bring back For example

Rather than the 3 remaining stands after one player I think that we should name blocks after players.

We already have 93:20 section and we all know the significance of that.

Random players on and blocks off the top of my head.

Pablo Zabaleta block -111
Bert Trautmann -326
Shaun Goater -225
Dennis Tueart -302
Neil Young - 304
Etc etc

And a special stand for living leg-end Yaya Toerag- Hotdog stand

Do we not have a cake stand ?

With all of our lovely new sponsors, surely It's only a matter of time until the Tinder stand is revealed. Trouble is, they'll only let you in through the back doors.

Because the owners are looking more to a future that brings in sophisticated international world-wide audiences rather than names from a (sadly) bygone simpler age of Oxo, bobble hats and bus conductors.
That said, Trautmann's name should be eternal and universal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.