Why I Hate Rangers

dannybcity said:
blue jim said:
I've seen that flag before.
I'd be mortified if someone brought a tricolour with the celtic badge on it, to a City match.

Prepare to be mortified because there's one that hangs over the front of South Stand lower.

I think not - it's a tricolour with a City badge on it isn't it? A different thing entirely.

There's also a skyblue St Georges cross with QOS/Man City on it hanging over the access tunnel. Harmless enough as I haven't noticed Queen of the South fans singing sectarian crap.

What bugs me is a section of so-called City fans who sing Rangers songs on the way to City matches, as experienced at Groclin and Schalke to name two. WTF has it got to do with City?

Aye I've seen that tricolour, just has the City badge on it which is fair enough, I've wanted to do it myself for months but I'm not in the one seat all season!

Never read so much racist crap, yes some of the Rangers fans where disgusting, but if i could have put my mortgage on there being trouble with 100,000 football supporters of any nationality i would have done. It only takes 1% (1000) to cause havoc, the other 99,000 still get tarred with the same brush. Manchester did get it wrong, firstly the Evening news headlines the night before bragging about the amount of money that will be made from the visiting fans, what did they think they were going to spend all this money on bags of crips and shandy !? If they are going to sell booze all day, and erect screens in the city center did they think they would all sit there quitely watching the game, the technical problems just fuelled the fire, why didnt they use Edgeley park or similar where it would have been a lot easier to control the fans. As for pilloring Scottish fans, what about those that follow Scotland national team, (admittedly not many Rangers fans) they have a much better track record than the English. My dad moved from Glasgow in his early 20s he had been brought up a Celtic fan, but soon after moving here he was going to maine road with my mum and became a City fan aswell, is that not allowed !! I was brought up a City fan, but also had a little of the Celtic in me aswell, and i remember on the kippax shouting for Celtic, when the Rangers/Celtic banter started, certainly does not make me less of a City fan. So why have a go at the Scottish flags around the ground, they may have similar heritage. I too however don't see how the 'no surrender' type songs fit in with City, im sure some of the young kids singing it don't even know what they are singing about and just get involved cos its 'what the big boys do'.. i was at the Groclin game and after the match in a bar in Poznan asked some of the guys singing that sort of stuff, what it was all about, and was just told it was because they were patriotic English men!! They sang a few good City songs aswell, i just wish thats what they would stick to.

pedigreeblue said:
Never read so much racist crap, yes some of the Rangers fans where disgusting, but if i could have put my mortgage on there being trouble with 100,000 football supporters of any nationality i would have done. It only takes 1% (1000) to cause havoc, the other 99,000 still get tarred with the same brush. Manchester did get it wrong, firstly the Evening news headlines the night before bragging about the amount of money that will be made from the visiting fans, what did they think they were going to spend all this money on bags of crips and shandy !? If they are going to sell booze all day, and erect screens in the city center did they think they would all sit there quitely watching the game, the technical problems just fuelled the fire, why didnt they use Edgeley park or similar where it would have been a lot easier to control the fans. As for pilloring Scottish fans, what about those that follow Scotland national team, (admittedly not many Rangers fans) they have a much better track record than the English. My dad moved from Glasgow in his early 20s he had been brought up a Celtic fan, but soon after moving here he was going to maine road with my mum and became a City fan aswell, is that not allowed !! I was brought up a City fan, but also had a little of the Celtic in me aswell, and i remember on the kippax shouting for Celtic, when the Rangers/Celtic banter started, certainly does not make me less of a City fan. So why have a go at the Scottish flags around the ground, they may have similar heritage. I too however don't see how the 'no surrender' type songs fit in with City, im sure some of the young kids singing it don't even know what they are singing about and just get involved cos its 'what the big boys do'.. i was at the Groclin game and after the match in a bar in Poznan asked some of the guys singing that sort of stuff, what it was all about, and was just told it was because they were patriotic English men!! They sang a few good City songs aswell, i just wish thats what they would stick to.

Good post, very fair. Just to add to that, if Rangers had played their final in Seville, there would have been little or no trouble. If Celtic had come to Manchester for theirs then they too would have travelled in the same numbers and the same would have happened. No other clubs in the world (bar none) would have brought as many ticketless fans as these two in those circumstances.

pedigreeblue said:
As for pilloring Scottish fans, what about those that follow Scotland national team, (admittedly not many Rangers fans)

Pretty fair all round what you typed mate.... bar the bit I've quoted. Rangers fans actually make up the majority of Scottish national team fans and always have done.

jm012 said:
blue dallas said:
absolute shite,

you sound like that wanker alan brazil, he blamed mcr council the day after the game.

for not putting out enough portaloos and tv's for them.

fucking savages, celtic fans too. they should be banned from england.

now way in a million years would us blue's act like that, you should be ashamed of yourself for that comment!
no get real ,police are looking for 49 fans out of around 150,000 or so and the council were to blame i was in town that mourning and tescos express were selling crates of larger to whoever,the council were happy to take there money but started crying when a very small percentage of fans misbehaved and by the way celtic fans are well behaved when they travel.

I agree, I go to Rangers frequently, wear my City shirt and get no hassle. Quite the opposite actually, last year I was up there they were buying me drinks. It was a small numer in percentage terms and the vast majority are horified with what happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.