Why I'm giving up on football, City and Bluemoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about it, and I don't actually give a fuck if we are found guilty. Because the 'law' on which we would be found guilty is inherently unjust, discriminatory, and contrary to reason.

It's like being found guilty of being a Protestant under Bloody Mary, of aiding a Catholic priest under Elizabeth I or opposing Adolf during the Third Reich. Not exactly a blot on the old escutcheon. Now, if we had been bribing refs to give us decisions, or working through the PL to screw potential rivals, or taking bankhanders from bookies to fix matches, or, even worse, if our fans had caused the deaths of 39 innocent people, leading to all English teams being banned from Europe for 5 years - that would be shameful.
You just got me thinking.
The comeback to any dipper taunt about us never having won the C/L could be, "Ah, but think of how many more C/Ls you could have won had you not been banned after Heysel!"
(The dippers actually received a 6 year ban, ironically the same number of years as the number of C/Ls they have won).
R.I.P. the 39.

After this weekend the corruption has become even more apparent.
This is no longer the game I grew up looking forward to every Saturday with eager anticipation.
On top of it we have this vile gutter hatred from a rabid racist pro rag top press to contend with.
Beginning to understand the OP perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.