Why I'm giving up on football, City and Bluemoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my last post. 55 years after my first match seeing City. 10 years a season ticket holder 1985 to 1995 until work and family took me too far away. I was there in 2012 and was there for that Tuart goal. Been to many but not all recent cup finals.
I have been vocal about VAR, CAS and FFP.
So, today I have decided I have fallen out of love with this game, the trolls on this forum and the corruption hiding in plain sight both financial and governance. Refereeing and game manipulation and arguing the toss with morons and hypocrites.
My passion has faded with each passing year of vested interest interference, press compliance and journalistic spite.
And, yes, VAR has killed my excitement. Thank God we didn't have to wait for it in 2012. A moment that will never be repeated again in football history.
In truth, this has been coming for a while. I will sign off and find a new passion. City are not to blame. I watched football for the fun and passion. I now know more about global politics, financial compliance and sports governance than I do about our own under 18s. Something has gone drastically wrong with the game.
Our own forum has also become raggish and dipperish, misogynistic and trolled by posters who don't even support the club... And then the fans who love certain players rather than the club. Yes I'm old and I won't be missed but I already feel better letting go. Good luck fighting the good but ultimately doomed battle.
Thanks City for the best and worst times of my life but life is too short.

Could not have been an easy decision but I wish you happiness in anything you intend to do. If you fall out of love with something its better just to move on and spend your time finding other channels of enjoyment as life is to short.

Yes they can never take 2012 or any other of those magical moments away from you. All the best

I am in a strange position still as passionate of City 100% City always will be.
But since the game at the swamp something is now missing. I cant get over Rashford not interfering with play. My head cant deal with it.

I thought it for along but that moment was when it struck home. Its 100% corrupt. I saw it with my own eyes. The ref ignored the linesman, didnt go to the screen, VAR did fuck all.

I cant get that feel back for some reason, I still watch City but my feels after a win or lost are the same now.

Cant really explain it but that moment something went.

I was lucky to be at the villa match and to experience that mad 5 minutes.

Now I feel nothing after the forest goal nothing just a slight smile 'typical' was my thought.

Not being able to afford going this season perhaps has something to do with it. Ticket prices, parking, 12hrs on the road, less if we are lucky, so many roadworks and 50mph sections.

I feel very distant from City but by fuck I want us to blow the pl out off the water with these bloody charges. But that fight for me doesnt seem to be on the pitch oddly ! This season to many dodge decision are going to the rags I have to sadly admit no matter how much I dont want to, that football is rigged.

So this is my last post. 55 years after my first match seeing City. 10 years a season ticket holder 1985 to 1995 until work and family took me too far away. I was there in 2012 and was there for that Tuart goal. Been to many but not all recent cup finals.
So, today I have decided I have fallen out of love with this game, the trolls on this forum and the corruption hiding in plain sight both financial and governance. Refereeing and game manipulation and arguing the toss with morons and hypocrites.
My passion has faded with each passing year of vested interest interference, press compliance and journalistic spite.
And, yes, VAR has killed my excitement. Thank God we didn't have to wait for it in 2012. A moment that will never be repeated again in football history.
In truth, this has been coming for a while. I will sign off and find a new passion. City are not to blame. I watched football for the fun and passion. I now know more about global politics, financial compliance and sports governance than I do about our own under 18s. Something has gone drastically wrong with the game.
Our own forum has also become raggish and dipperish, misogynistic and trolled by posters who don't even support the club... And then the fans who love certain players rather than the club. Yes I'm old and I won't be missed but I already feel better letting go. Good luck fighting the good but ultimately doomed battle.
Very sad. I recognise the feelings you describe. I'm old and I wonder if that is part of the problem, in my case at least - I wouldn't presume to tell anyone why they feel the way they do, but there is for my taste too much ill feeling about the game, and, sad to say, there's a fair bit on this forum. If I were younger and had more emotional energy maybe I'd feel different. Having said that I only have to think about the hypocritical attacks on City and the adrenaline builds up (or something) .. and when you refer to 2012 the hairs on the neck start to rise and I can feel again the tears I felt when dismay turned to joy for all those long-suffering, loyal supporters - nothing like it before or since (though Newcastle away to win the title was pretty good). (Now I've been put in mind of the first day in work after the game: restrained remarks to united fans about it having been a thrilling weekend of football, and the bored reply along lines of "really, what happened?" - sort of stuff I'd heard before but even so.) So I appreciate and sympathise with all you say but I think I've worked myself up into a bit of passion, and for the moment I won't accept that it's a doomed battle. Besides family still feel the enthusiasm.
All the very best to you.

I had some personal issues at the time but I think surrendering the title win at home to U****d (2-0 to 2-3) in between losing twice to Liverpool nearly finished me mentally. I even had a crippling gut pain for a week throughout which is frightening. City was my escape in life and I took the defeats badly.

Roll on a forced move away because of family, civil legal action brought against us (we won), depression, lock down, near homelessness and, last year, a cancer scare, and it’s changed me.

Football isn’t the most important thing in my life. It never will be. But having that to concentrate on for a few hours at a time is bliss.

Take time off if you need to but don’t leave for good. We’re all still here.

I had some personal issues at the time but I think surrendering the title win at home to U****d (2-0 to 2-3) in between losing twice to Liverpool nearly finished me mentally. I even had a crippling gut pain for a week throughout which is frightening. City was my escape in life and I took the defeats badly.

Roll on a forced move away because of family, civil legal action brought against us (we won), depression, lock down, near homelessness and, last year, a cancer scare, and it’s changed me.

Football isn’t the most important thing in my life. It never will be. But having that to concentrate on for a few hours at a time is bliss.

Take time off if you need to but don’t leave for good. We’re all still here.
you joined the forum last week.
and you're posting sob stories like this.
you taking the piss lad ?

I am in a strange position still as passionate of City 100% City always will be.
But since the game at the swamp something is now missing. I cant get over Rashford not interfering with play. My head cant deal with it.

I thought it for along but that moment was when it struck home. Its 100% corrupt. I saw it with my own eyes. The ref ignored the linesman, didnt go to the screen, VAR did fuck all.
I’m with you on so much of that It’s gone, no joy anymore
I cant get that feel back for some reason, I still watch City but my feels after a win or lost are the same now.

Cant really explain it but that moment something went.

I was lucky to be at the villa match and to experience that mad 5 minutes.

Now I feel nothing after the forest goal nothing just a slight smile 'typical' was my thought.

Not being able to afford going this season perhaps has something to do with it. Ticket prices, parking, 12hrs on the road, less if we are lucky, so many roadworks and 50mph sections.

I feel very distant from City but by fuck I want us to blow the pl out off the water with these bloody charges. But that fight for me doesnt seem to be on the pitch oddly ! This season to many dodge decision are going to the rags I have to sadly admit no matter how much I dont want to, that football is rigged.

I appreciate the fact you are an older supporter but this kind of reaction is exactly what the establishment would love.

I support a team that is utter gash, with a lying corrupt board. We have to share a city with sewer rats who think they are above everyone else, better than everyone, but worse still, think they deserve it more than anyone else. It is a friggin nightmare at times supporting the club that I love, but some things make it better, like Man City kicking our neighbours arses year after year. We thank you City for saving football. Don't give up on your team mate..... PS Keyboard warriors will always be just keyboard warriors.

My my, the media and the prem will be wanking themselves silly, knowing one of the most loyal set of fans to grace football are deciding to call it a day. I can see the likes of Gill, sat there with a cigar, smiling to themselves".

Sad day for City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.