Why is failure praised so much in this country?

I’ve heard Liverpool described as a great side, even Arsenal. Yet apparently, City had to win back to back titles before we could be known as being a great side.
I think once Arsenal win one they will get the same stick. There will be some hindsight happening after Klopp has left around not being able to defend the trophy. However, he did win every trophy on offer so in my humble opinion he's been a great manager for them. Also, he did come up against Guardiola. To finish on 97 points and not win the title is absolutely ridiculous.

Failure is praised so much in this country, because this country is run by failures !

Reactions: PPT
I don't think that it's failure in itself that is being praised, it's more like success is not encouraged in this country.
Remember Susan Boyle winning that talent contest years ago? X factor or some such nonsense? She was catapulted from obscurity to international fame almost overnight. Then the tabloids turned on her and she became vilified, ridiculed and mocked by the very people who helped start her journey to fame and fortune.

Build 'em up, knock 'em down seems to be the British media's mantra.
Paul Gascoigne, David Beckham, Oasis and many others are all examples of this "build them up to knock them down" approach.

I’ve heard Liverpool described as a great side, even Arsenal. Yet apparently, City had to win back to back titles before we could be known as being a great side.
Bollocks we have always been a great side, might have had some ups and downs but always a great team :-)

With Liverpool Klopp won the Premier League, the Champions League, the Super Cup, the Club World Cup, the FA Cup and two Carabao Cups.

Hardly, the record of a failure is it.

Klopp is far from a failure, yet the praise lauded on him is a little nauseous..

Going back to the thread title, yes, as a country we do praise failure.
If you want examples, just Google "Sports Personality of the Year" 1,2,3s......it's littered with nearly men in their respected year.

The current holder played in a team that didn't win the trophy they competed for.
Actually winning things builds resentment in this country. Take a look at the winners of SPotY, some of them have been crucified by the media, when they actually win something

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.