Why is failure praised so much in this country?

If pep was leaving us after Sundays game after winning only one title in 7yrs id consider his time at city a failure, yet klopp is lauded as one of the greatest managers ever? fuckin ridiculous

City have won 5 of the last 6 Premier League Titles, and is on the brink of yet another. And the one time City didn't win it in that span they were runner-up. The run that City have been on in the Premier League under Pep is unheard of. This is a legendary run through the Premier League for City. I can't even put it into words how spectacular City have been. If City make it 6 out of 7, it's almost too much success to believe.

With this kind of success can come a lot of undesirable emotions, which we should guard against. Despite City's unparalleled success, we should still stay humble and remember that there are still skeletons in our closet. Like for example all the chargers and rumors about improprieties. That doesn't take away from what Pep and our boys have achieved on the pitch. It's a spectacular run of form we have had, and no one can ever take that away from us.

But when it comes to failure being praised, winning the Premier League, even as many times as we have, is not the be all end all to managerial success. Pep set the bar high, but lets face it, most other clubs don't have the resources or the talent that City has. And that's not a knock on any other club. As proud as I am for all City have accomplished, I also love seeing a good underdog story, like the time Leicester won the league. And once upon a time City were seen as the underdogs. Now we are on top, but don't disparage those under us, rival managers should still be praised for their accomplishments, even if they finish below City in the table. Stay strong City fans, but also stay humble and respectful of our rivals accomplishments.

Keyboard warriors can bring down goverments today.
Tell us how to behave and what we should and shouldn't say.
It stinks worse than what i smelt running down the Kippax steps in 1977, my first game.

In those days you had to have a face to defend or attack football clubs.
Now they are faceless gimps , trying to gain a career.
Pathetic cunts who you just know would of been considered prefects at school back in the day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.