Why is it...

Bellers_a_hero

Not one football fan outside City thinks Gareth Barry is a good player?

I was in college today and we were talking about United and City and who out of their players at the moment would get into the City team... I couldn't think of any.

But then I popped up to say Gareth Barry is awesome at the moment and is such a hard worker. I got nothing but laughs and told I was ridiculous! For them to also say he isn't good enough for City and England, at the moment I feel he is as vital to our team as Silva, Yaya, Kompany and Hart.

Because they only follow the medias opinion.

Check before the world cup when the media were banging on about the race to get him fit etc then when he got rushed back into action and got gassed by Ozil suddenly he is a different player

Ignorance maybe?

Depends if these lads actually watch football or just MOTD.

Even the most bitter of my rag mates admit to Barry being a guarentee for England this Euro's.

I would point out though a fair few City fans were slating him mid last season.

Forgive them for they know not what they do! Clueless twunts and basing opinion on England v Germany in South Africa no doubt. Those in the know can see what a great player he is.

Most people's image of Barry is based on the World Cup performance in South Africa two years ago - especially the Germany game when he was (not alone mind) woeful and had the pace of a house brick rolling up hill.

People are too lazy - or just don't want to see - the quality of performances he has put in this season.

Bellers_a_hero said:
Not one football fan outside City thinks Gareth Barry is a good player?

I was in college today and we were talking about United and City and who out of their players at the moment would get into the City team... I couldn't think of any.

But then I popped up to say Gareth Barry is awesome at the moment and is such a hard worker. I got nothing but laughs and told I was ridiculous! For them to also say he isn't good enough for City and England, at the moment I feel he is as vital to our team as Silva, Yaya, Kompany and Hart.

Because they don't watch football. And probably saw him outpaced for England.

This is the new generation of football fans. All mouth and no trousers

It's only Gareth Barrys mistakes that other fans notice , and unfortunately he makes a few of those ..... gives away daft free kicks , sluggish at times , gives the ball away all too frequently.

Gareth Barry often spoils all his good work by allowing the above to creep into his play , and he has , in the main this season , been excellent ....

getting himself sent off the other night in a difficult month when we are scrambling for players was far from ideal either ...... but those are the kind of things that people outside the club notice most.

always thought barry was top class , remember him making his debut for england under hoddle and thinking how good he was back then , think hes always been happy to let others take the limelight .
Despite the fact england always seem to play with more fluency with barry in the side the press always seem to concentrate on the gerrard / lampard cant play together theory , never seems to occur to them that barry is the more effective player in englands midfield than either of them , just a thought

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.