Why is the crowd so quiet

yayas trusty right foot

Why is the atmosphere so poor at our home games?

The away team fans always seem to sound louder than us, it cannot be blamed on the stadium as when we play in the important games the atmosphere is great..

We have a great team, we should be singing loud and proud.

Because this is modern football, full of quiet fans who see it as much as an event than some sort of religious ritual that it is in other countries. All home crowds except Palace are pretty awful. City's away fans are as loud as anyone in the league, go figure... when you put hardcore fans together, that would tend to happen. But clubs only care about revenues.

Also a cultural thing... you'll never ever see something like this in England. Actually most of the equivalent demographic in this video couldn't afford to go to our games.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhkRgJmmOhA[/video]

I think its because nobody actually makes an effort to sing a few songs and then comes home and questions why its so quiet. Not aimed at you.

Because there are 2000 potential singers wasted in the south stand because their songs can never catch on.

Because everybody thinks atmosphere is somebody else's problem to deal with instead of their own

Throw the stadium design in to the mix as well, a single-tier north or south stand would create a much better atmosphere regardless of the presence of away fans.

PRICE

Put the prices down and get the young working class lads back, you'll get an atmosphere. The average age of our crowd must be about 50. In blackcrowes videos you can see how old even our away fanbase is.

Stadium design has nothing to do with it. If it did why were the Poznan,Aris, Dortmund fans so loud, we just need people to actually sing.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Put the prices down and get the young working class lads back, you'll get an atmosphere.

This might play a part but I'm not convinced. The League Cup game against Wednesday was dirt cheap, 32,000+ turned up and there was no home atmosphere. You could price games at £1 and I don't think much would change without organisation and leadership.

I think singing is very much follow-the-leader... you need at least 1,000 together singing and then it might really spread if they sing persistently (another problem... one song isn't enough, you need to persist and keep doing it to create a real atmosphere).

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
PRICE

Put the prices down and get the young working class lads back, you'll get an atmosphere. The average age of our crowd must be about 50. In blackcrowes videos you can see how old even our away fanbase is.

Stadium design has nothing to do with it. If it did why were the Poznan,Aris, Dortmund fans so loud, we just need people to actually sing.

Not going to happen for at least one reason - the risk (perceived or otherwise) of increased hooliganism.

Which is why the stadium design IS a factor, with a mixed crowd and limited number of singers you'll get better atmosphere in a single-tier stand.

Oh and I apologise for being a 60 year old regular away supporter as it clearly upsets you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.