Why is the crowd so quiet

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
lancs blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
So because I want young lads to be able to go again that's a problem ??

Did I say that upsets me ??? Errm no I didn't. The fact is thoug the majority of people that sing and always have done are young lads. Something our away support doesn't have as much as it used to. Price is factor again as the only ones that can afford it are older folks. Btw plenty of which do sing and we have a great away following I'm more on abo home games here

Increases risk of hooliganism hahaa, I wonder how they cope in Germany with all those young hooligans making all that noise

Try reading my posts properly, I didn't say that I thought there was an increased risk of hooliganism, I said the perception of that risk was a reason why big price reductions won't happen. Also regarding our decrepit ancient away support - I usually read on here how loud we were at away games.

I did read your post, was just reacting to your point ie perceived risk. I gave an example of the German league where that model of ticket pricing works and allows all age groups to go.

Your really taking it personally. I never said our old support was bad, just that young people should be able to attend aswell. Our away support is loud, but everyone should be able to afford to go, surely you agree with that. I was posting about home support though, and there is a lack of young fans in the ground, which is one factor behind the poor atmosphere IMO
Unfortunately like it or not the hooliganism that was rife in English football in the 70s and 80s still leaves its mark on the game in terms of pricing, all-seater stadiums etc and that will be very difficult to overcome. Although Germany had some minor problems on that front (mostly in the old East Germany), they left nothing like the same scars on the game.

The Chinese tourists that have a season card and only go against the rags and Chelsea etc that's the problem also the place of the away fans is criminal

Have a look at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/1894groupmcfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.facebook.com/1894groupmcfc</a> we talk about the burnley game in our blog. Also we put an app together. Download it. Its free. No excuse not to sing. Have a beer let yourself go and sing regardless of people being quiet round you.

Get the app and share it with friends. That way you can sing 50 different songs at the match and not just sing pablo zabaleta 50 times because you've forgotten the words to every other decent song.

wearethesouthstand said:
Have a look at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/1894groupmcfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/1894groupmcfc</a> we talk about the burnley game in our blog. Also we put an app together. Download it. Its free. No excuse not to sing. Have a beer let yourself go and sing regardless of people being quiet round you.

Get the app and share it with friends. That way you can sing 50 different songs at the match and not just sing pablo zabaleta 50 times because you've forgotten the words to every other decent song.

Anyone who wants a better atmosphere at the games should do this! It's one thing talking about it on here, it's another actually getting behind 1894 so something happens!

My personal view is we should get a drum. But the hardcore arm folders would do their best to prevent that happening.

Look at the best two Premiership atmospheres in the last few years, Crystal Palace and Portsmouth. Both have drums.

Who gives a damn about singing tbh.

My observation is that it's hard to get a "come on city" going,let alone some rubbish song.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Who gives a damn about singing tbh.

My observation is that it's hard to get a "come on city" going,let alone some rubbish song.

Exactly, i often shout this where i am but i seem to be the lone voice ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.