Why is the crowd so quiet

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
PRICE

Put the prices down and get the young working class lads back, you'll get an atmosphere. The average age of our crowd must be about 50. In blackcrowes videos you can see how old even our away fanbase is.

Stadium design has nothing to do with it. If it did why were the Poznan,Aris, Dortmund fans so loud, we just need people to actually sing.

Maybe not stadium design, but stadium configuration. The singing section faces the wrong way so we can't hear it properly from the North Stand. We can't even hear the South Stand most of the time - sometimes we start joining in only to realise it's the away fans singing a similar song to one of our usuals.

It's hard to start anything in the North Stand - some try but it doesn't get far. I noticed yesterday a lot of the usual fans have even stopped clapping and cheering the players when the team sheet is read out, and even the hardcore fans in there don't stay past the end to applaud the players.

Also doesn't help when we're sh*te.

xgorton said:
Need standing areas in South stand.

Everyone stands in there now. It seems to me the South Stand are more interested in "banter" with away fans than getting behind the team.

lancs blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
PRICE

Put the prices down and get the young working class lads back, you'll get an atmosphere. The average age of our crowd must be about 50. In blackcrowes videos you can see how old even our away fanbase is.

Stadium design has nothing to do with it. If it did why were the Poznan,Aris, Dortmund fans so loud, we just need people to actually sing.

Not going to happen for at least one reason - the risk (perceived or otherwise) of increased hooliganism.

Which is why the stadium design IS a factor, with a mixed crowd and limited number of singers you'll get better atmosphere in a single-tier stand.

Oh and I apologise for being a 60 year old regular away supporter as it clearly upsets you.

So because I want young lads to be able to go again that's a problem ??

Did I say that upsets me ??? Errm no I didn't. The fact is thoug the majority of people that sing and always have done are young lads. Something our away support doesn't have as much as it used to. Price is factor again as the only ones that can afford it are older folks. Btw plenty of which do sing and we have a great away following I'm more on abo home games here

Increases risk of hooliganism hahaa, I wonder how they cope in Germany with all those young hooligans making all that noise

willy eckerslike said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
PRICE

Maybe not stadium design, but stadium configuration. The singing section faces the wrong way so we can't hear it properly from the North Stand. We can't even hear the South Stand most of the time - sometimes we start joining in only to realise it's the away fans singing a similar song to one of our usuals.

It's hard to start anything in the North Stand - some try but it doesn't get far. I noticed yesterday a lot of the usual fans have even stopped clapping and cheering the players when the team sheet is read out, and even the hardcore fans in there don't stay past the end to applaud the players.

Again I just think that's because of people not singing. I was sat in the north stand agaisnt Dortmund at home and could hear them no problem. When we scored against united I could hear the south stand too.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
lancs blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
PRICE

Not going to happen for at least one reason - the risk (perceived or otherwise) of increased hooliganism.

Which is why the stadium design IS a factor, with a mixed crowd and limited number of singers you'll get better atmosphere in a single-tier stand.

Oh and I apologise for being a 60 year old regular away supporter as it clearly upsets you.

Did I say that upsets me ??? Errm no I didn't. The fact is thoug the majority of people that sing and always have done are young lads. Something our away support doesn't have as much as it used to. Price is factor again as the only ones that can afford it are older folks. Btw plenty of which do sing and we have a great away following I'm more on abo home games here

Increases risk of hooliganism hahaa, I wonder how they cope in Germany with all those young hooligans making all that noise

Try reading my posts properly, I didn't say that I thought there was an increased risk of hooliganism, I said the perception of that risk was a reason why big price reductions won't happen. Also regarding our decrepit ancient away support - I usually read on here how loud we were at away games.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Because there are 2000 so called singers in the south stand who just stand up, fold their arms and stay silent for the majority of the game.

Edited for accuracy.
And don't forget to slag the north stand off at every opportunity

LoveCity said:
Because this is modern football, full of quiet fans who see it as much as an event than some sort of religious ritual that it is in other countries. All home crowds except Palace are pretty awful. City's away fans are as loud as anyone in the league, go figure... when you put hardcore fans together, that would tend to happen. But clubs only care about revenues.

Also a cultural thing... you'll never ever see something like this in England. Actually most of the equivalent demographic in this video couldn't afford to go to our games.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhkRgJmmOhA[/video]

That is amazing.

lancs blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
lancs blue said:

Try reading my posts properly, I didn't say that I thought there was an increased risk of hooliganism, I said the perception of that risk was a reason why big price reductions won't happen. Also regarding our decrepit ancient away support - I usually read on here how loud we were at away games.

I did read your post, was just reacting to your point ie perceived risk. I gave an example of the German league where that model of ticket pricing works and allows all age groups to go.

Your really taking it personally. I never said our old support was bad, just that young people should be able to attend aswell. Our away support is loud, but everyone should be able to afford to go, surely you agree with that. I was posting about home support though, and there is a lack of young fans in the ground, which is one factor behind the poor atmosphere IMO

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
willy eckerslike said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
PRICE

Again I just think that's because of people not singing. I was sat in the north stand agaisnt Dortmund at home and could hear them no problem. When we scored against united I could hear the south stand too.
If its a song you know all well and good if it's a new song we havnt got a clue what your singing up that end

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.