Why so many 3pm games?

Every game is beamed live around the world with millions watching. PL money is small fry in comparison

I’m not sure that’s true. The last figures I saw had the combined international rights all over the world, just overtaking the UK rights for the first time.

So UK TV companies still paying only fractionally below 50% of the whole Premier League total income. Wouldn’t really call that small fry.

I don’t see a problem with it, lower League sides would get bigger crowds overall just like County did .. That’s why they should …

They didn't all the time though, infact it killed the fanbase until fans started to come back when they were doing well in division 1.

Plenty of Stockport based football fans ended up supporting us, United and teams like Liverpool.

Roles reversed would you want to watch City play night games every week? I bet you wouldnt

They didn't all the time though, infact it killed the fanbase until fans started to come back when they were doing well in division 1.

Plenty of Stockport based football fans ended up supporting us, United and teams like Liverpool.

Roles reversed would you want to watch City play night games every week? I bet you wouldnt
I would watch City anytime, evening mid week would be even better so I avoid flak from mrs death ..
The game is being killed by VAR and the likes of Sky/BT etc.. There will be a reckoning one day in the future after so many billions chucked at it season after season, to the detriment of lower league sides …
I respect your opinion mate but don’t agree so it’s pointless us arguing the toss over it anymore :-)

I think we've always tended to get more 3.00 games up to around Christmas. Also tend to get a few daft results as well. Was it Townsend who volleyed one in from the car park when we lost to Palace?

Quirk of the fixture list and the fact the TV rights do September and October picks in one go with little to go on in terms of who will be good for it or not. I suspect they regret not picking City and West Ham (in the end). But ultimately they need to give all clubs a certain percentage of games so tend to get some of duller matches out of the way early doors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.