Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
Chippy_boy said:
Mate, you need to take the blue glasses off.

I'm not wearing any.

1. If as you rightly state we are 2 points off where we were last year, then maintain that rate and CLEARLY we won't win the league again.

89 points will win us the league IMO.

Ok, let me explain a bit more clearly for you:

You said "We're roughly on a par with matching our results from last season (maybe 2 points behind), if we can maintain that par we'll win the league again."

That's a generous assessment given that we had 41 points after 16 games last year and this year we have 33.
But even accepting your 2 point deficit, that would mean we are on target to get 83 points this year, not 89.

"Maintain that par" and we will not have 89 points, or anything near it.

Chippy_boy said:
Ok, let me explain a bit more clearly for you:

You said "We're roughly on a par with matching our results from last season (maybe 2 points behind), if we can maintain that par we'll win the league again."

That's a generous assessment given that we had 41 points after 16 games last year and this year we have 33.
But even accepting your 2 point deficit, that would mean we are on target to get 83 points this year, not 89.

"Maintain that par" and we will not have 89 points, or anything near it.

I said we were roughly on par, which we are based on like for like games. Par over the course of the year is the 89 points we got last season.

If we can maintain that par (we're currently 1 or 2 points behind it) we will get 89 points the same as last year. If we get 89 points we will win the league IMO.

moomba said:
Rammy Blue said:
I wish I had a pair of moomba's blue tinted glasses.

Why is it that people can't accept that others can have different opinions on a matter without having a bias or being unrealistic or having blue tinted glasses.

I think it's too early to write off our season, I think judgement on the manager shouldn't take place after 16 games of a season when we haven't been nearly as bad as people have been making out, just as I think 16 games would be too early to make a judgement if things were going much better. I've said that ultimately the manager will be held responsible for our performances, and that we should have an expectation that performances will improve. I've also said in other threads that failure in Europe next season will be the end of Mancini regardless of how we go in the league.

I'm not sure how that indicates I'm wearing blue tinted glasses. Or is it just easier to try and take the piss than debate the topic?

Chill your boots mate, I was only jesting as it seemed you were on a one man crusade in your defence of Bob.

I'm not making any snap judgements but equally the signs aren't good. One thing I do think you're way out on though is our performances so far this season - personally I think we've been pretty awful and have rarely, if any, put in any that are anywhere near the level we saw regularly last season. Too many players are way out of form for it to be not something that lands at the feet of Bob, plus there has to be an accountability for him with how ridiculously unbalanced our squad is, bereft of pace and width.

It's not all over though as I still believe we are by far the best side in the Prem however we need to start looking like it more often or else he will pay with his job.

moomba said:
Chippy_boy said:
Mate, you need to take the blue glasses off.

I'm not wearing any.

1. If as you rightly state we are 2 points off where we were last year, then maintain that rate and CLEARLY we won't win the league again.

89 points will win us the league IMO.

2. After 16 games, how many excellent performances have we had? One? Two? I would say we have had some dire performances and some OK performances, but hardly any excellent performances. If any.

Disagree

3. We all expected improvement from the end of last season. Now we are expecting it over the course of this season? Teams often have a dip in form around now and we are soon to lose Yaya to the ACN.

Of course we all hope we will suddenly snap into gear. But hope is not a strategy.

We're supporters, we don't need a strategy.

89 points? We can drop 10 more points from 22 games to get that.

We have dropped 15 in 16.....Big improvement needed and quickly.

Yep 18-2-2 record is needed from the remaining 22 matches for 89 points.

Well that is impossible in our current form. More like 14-7-1. (82 points.)

Improve the form and then maybe...

oppa gangnam style said:

Thanks for posting the stat, I was thinking about this on the way home earlier.

18-2-2 and I'll eat my hat (if I had one....)

oppa gangnam style said:

We've just come off a 7-3-0 run, which isn't all that far away (do that for the rest of the season and we'll finish with 85 points). No doubt though we need to improve to hit that target.

On points per game we are heading for 78 points.

That is never going to be enough.

Rags are on same 39 points as they were after 16 last season and they followed that with two defeats over Xmas and new year and still got 89 points.

We need to win all 5 games before arsenal it's that simple. Draws are no longer good enough.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Rags are on same 39 points as they were after 16 last season and they followed that with two defeats over Xmas and new year and still got 89 points.

We need to win all 5 games before arsenal it's that simple. Draws are no longer good enough.

Plus last season at this stage we'd been to the swamp, spuds, chelsea, blue dippers.

Unfortunately we've got all those to come asides chelsea and liverpool.

Carry on as we are and we'll be lucky to finish 2nd.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Agreed. You can afford to really slip off the pace just once in a season. We are 6 points off now, and we can't afford another 'dip' in form.

United exploited our dip last year, and then had a dip themselves. We will be able to make 6 points on united, but we have to keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.