Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are under achieving this season, so who ever is to blame change em, drop em, sell them , or sack them , just fix it ffs

Mods can we just lock this thread, the muppets on here are a fucking disgrace. I bet them on ragcafe are creasing themselves at some of your reactions.

yozzer said:
we are under achieving this season, so who ever is to blame change em, drop em, sell them , or sack them , just fix it ffs

Not sure this is the best way to run a football club

Freestyler said:
Put Tevez on the bench, straight away i'm thinking just what the fuck are you doing Mancini? todays events with tevez, is just another one of his moments to add to the list...

My original post on Mancini last week, i still stand by it. Even more after today...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hear me out, this is NOT a 'Mancini out' post. Or in relation to tonight's failings against Dortmund. Just a post on how i feel about Mancini's future and why his job at City is constantly talked about.

Firstly we'll rule out the following comments, neither of 4 terms below are relevant to the post i will put forward:

1. 'Unbeaten in the league' - United have lost 3 games and sit above us in the league. Would you say 'unbeaten in the league' if we drew 38 games in a season? no. We've been shite most the season, could easily have lost games due to obscure tactics and substitutions and getting away with murder. We've been outplayed by teams in the bottom half of The Premiership time and time again.

2. 'He won us the league' - The resources given he should have walked the league. Won it due to a United downfall and it took Brian Kidd to convince Mancini we could claw it back. The quality of the side pulled us through IMO, you'd think we won it by 15 points the way some talk.

3. 'Remember where we've come from' - by FAR the most overused and stupidest comment around these days. We've got a team worth £400mill, not £5mill. It's 2012, not 1998. Give it a rest..

4. 'We need stability' - true, but stability and loyalty to managers counts for nothing when the team doesn't improve.

The reason:

When a club moves forward so does the managers. The owners/fans as each year goes on expect to see an improvement and City competing and performing at the highest level.

Mancini is a great manager, imo not one of the best in the world. Probably not even top 5 imo, when the club get's to a certain point it has to 'upgrade' so to speak with the level it moves towards. We've had Hughes who wasn't the best but played a part in buying bigger players and moving us forward ever so slightly and make us a better team, now we have Mancini. He's driven us on and taken us to the next part of our journey in what this club is aiming for, no expects instant glory and success but they want to see improvement and the club going forward.

Our team is built, the foundations are there now. We've got a top top side which should be able to compete at the highest level (not go and beat everyone and win everything) just compete and take the game to teams. I'd relish Mourinho at City, but i want Mancini to prove me wrong and not have me worrying about anyone else. I keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but I always end up going back to my original stance.

Far too often we respect lesser teams. Instead of going for the kill when the opponents are on the rack, we sit back, stroll around and play the game at a walking pace when the chances are that we'd have wrapped the game up playing to our own strengths. This team would be excellent if it was allowed to express itself but it isn't. He holds us back, the small and little amount of times we have been given the freedom to attack we've been brilliant.

The key line here - Our side is now missing a proper tactical, inside out knowledgeable world class manager. If a manager came in he wouldn't have to buy more than 2 players, the ones at disposal now would be any managers dream. I like Mancini, but i think we need a real proper good tactical coach to take us to the next level. IMO Mancini is not that man, he'll only try to improve the squad by constant spending and not improve the team through management.

Europe is a far cry, he hasn't got it. The Premiership is another story, is HE really responsible for us winning the league? Our side needs a world class manager to make us what we want to be. The bottom line is, Mancini will be gone because he can't take us to that next level. Despite the fact that football's about opinions, more & more blues are taking offence at any honest comments made.

This is not 'Mancini out', remember i'm talking about having a manager being good enough to manage what he has. Mancini is not out of his depth, or a poor manager. He is a great manager but he just isn't up to scratch to take us to where the fans/owner want to be. He's part of the chain of our rise to the top and he'll be one of the managers who had his turn to get us there. But not the final piece of the jigsaw, and the height of quality we aimed for.

Quite simply if you want be the best, you need to hire the best. We're reaching that level now...

Let's just say if we had another manager. and we needed a new one tomorrow to take City over, would Mancini be on the shortlist? ...he wouldn't.

I second all that.....just because we won the title last season, it doesnt mean mancini is indespensible. Many managers would have delivered the title with team we had/have.................FACT

csnewton said:
Freestyler said:
Put Tevez on the bench, straight away i'm thinking just what the fuck are you doing Mancini? todays events with tevez, is just another one of his moments to add to the list...

My original post on Mancini last week, i still stand by it. Even more after today...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hear me out, this is NOT a 'Mancini out' post. Or in relation to tonight's failings against Dortmund. Just a post on how i feel about Mancini's future and why his job at City is constantly talked about.

Firstly we'll rule out the following comments, neither of 4 terms below are relevant to the post i will put forward:

1. 'Unbeaten in the league' - United have lost 3 games and sit above us in the league. Would you say 'unbeaten in the league' if we drew 38 games in a season? no. We've been shite most the season, could easily have lost games due to obscure tactics and substitutions and getting away with murder. We've been outplayed by teams in the bottom half of The Premiership time and time again.

2. 'He won us the league' - The resources given he should have walked the league. Won it due to a United downfall and it took Brian Kidd to convince Mancini we could claw it back. The quality of the side pulled us through IMO, you'd think we won it by 15 points the way some talk.

3. 'Remember where we've come from' - by FAR the most overused and stupidest comment around these days. We've got a team worth £400mill, not £5mill. It's 2012, not 1998. Give it a rest..

4. 'We need stability' - true, but stability and loyalty to managers counts for nothing when the team doesn't improve.

The reason:

When a club moves forward so does the managers. The owners/fans as each year goes on expect to see an improvement and City competing and performing at the highest level.

Mancini is a great manager, imo not one of the best in the world. Probably not even top 5 imo, when the club get's to a certain point it has to 'upgrade' so to speak with the level it moves towards. We've had Hughes who wasn't the best but played a part in buying bigger players and moving us forward ever so slightly and make us a better team, now we have Mancini. He's driven us on and taken us to the next part of our journey in what this club is aiming for, no expects instant glory and success but they want to see improvement and the club going forward.

Our team is built, the foundations are there now. We've got a top top side which should be able to compete at the highest level (not go and beat everyone and win everything) just compete and take the game to teams. I'd relish Mourinho at City, but i want Mancini to prove me wrong and not have me worrying about anyone else. I keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but I always end up going back to my original stance.

Far too often we respect lesser teams. Instead of going for the kill when the opponents are on the rack, we sit back, stroll around and play the game at a walking pace when the chances are that we'd have wrapped the game up playing to our own strengths. This team would be excellent if it was allowed to express itself but it isn't. He holds us back, the small and little amount of times we have been given the freedom to attack we've been brilliant.

The key line here - Our side is now missing a proper tactical, inside out knowledgeable world class manager. If a manager came in he wouldn't have to buy more than 2 players, the ones at disposal now would be any managers dream. I like Mancini, but i think we need a real proper good tactical coach to take us to the next level. IMO Mancini is not that man, he'll only try to improve the squad by constant spending and not improve the team through management.

Europe is a far cry, he hasn't got it. The Premiership is another story, is HE really responsible for us winning the league? Our side needs a world class manager to make us what we want to be. The bottom line is, Mancini will be gone because he can't take us to that next level. Despite the fact that football's about opinions, more & more blues are taking offence at any honest comments made.

This is not 'Mancini out', remember i'm talking about having a manager being good enough to manage what he has. Mancini is not out of his depth, or a poor manager. He is a great manager but he just isn't up to scratch to take us to where the fans/owner want to be. He's part of the chain of our rise to the top and he'll be one of the managers who had his turn to get us there. But not the final piece of the jigsaw, and the height of quality we aimed for.

Quite simply if you want be the best, you need to hire the best. We're reaching that level now...

Let's just say if we had another manager. and we needed a new one tomorrow to take City over, would Mancini be on the shortlist? ...he wouldn't.

I second all that.....just because we won the title last season, it doesnt mean mancini is indespensible. Many managers would have delivered the title with team we had/have.................FACT

Could be time to lock this one, sorry I ever started it looking at the collection of rags and idiots making up a fair proportion of the thread.

This season in all comps

Played 22 won 9 drawn 9 lost 4

It's not great that is it.

He has tinkered too much this season especially up front.He has bought poorly in summer and he has been too conservative in some games. Everton and Chelsea are good examples of this.

Dzeko can sit warming the bench all season for all I care and balotelli can stay at home.

Tevez and aguero are easily our best forwards.

It is not that I want to see bobby sacked, but as said earlier i think it is going to happen. We have been really crap so far this season, we have had to endure a nightmare champions league campaign as well. A strange change of tactics in formation that has not worked and a perserverance with balotelli that is not justified anymore.

I feel that deals are already under way for Pep Guardiola to take over. It made me think that this could have been started in the summer hence the non-commitment of the club to actually go out and purchase bobbys main targets before the season began. Why would they spend millions on players for a manager they maybe know could be gone either at the end of the season or before!!!

There was also talk that Mourinho could be coming to our club, since he actually stated in an interview that the only club he can see himself going to is City. My brother-in-law is a united fan, I cannot get to games as much as i used to due to work/family committments, but i watch the games over at his place, He works in a high profile job (not in football) and liases with money people. He stated to me today that he had heard that it could be Mourinho coming to City along with Ronaldo for the sum of £100m

If we knew it was going to happen who would you have come in as first choice.

Im still a big fan of Mancini results like today hurt him as much as all us City fans.He was swearing at the press after the match

BlueMoonz1977 said:
It is not that I want to see bobby sacked, but as said earlier i think it is going to happen. We have been really crap so far this season, we have had to endure a nightmare champions league campaign as well. A strange change of tactics in formation that has not worked and a perserverance with balotelli that is not justified anymore.

I feel that deals are already under way for Pep Guardiola to take over. It made me think that this could have been started in the summer hence the non-commitment of the club to actually go out and purchase bobbys main targets before the season began. Why would they spend millions on players for a manager they maybe know could be gone either at the end of the season or before!!!

There was also talk that Mourinho could be coming to our club, since he actually stated in an interview that the only club he can see himself going to is City. My brother-in-law is a united fan, I cannot get to games as much as i used to due to work/family committments, but i watch the games over at his place, He works in a high profile job (not in football) and liases with money people. He stated to me today that he had heard that it could be Mourinho coming to City along with Ronaldo for the sum of £100m

If we knew it was going to happen who would you have come in as first choice.

Oh my days ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.