Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Marvin

Danamy said:
LoveCity said:
I love all the conflicting stories.

-

Mancini stays
Exclusive
By NEIL CUSTIS
Published: 34 minutes ago

ROBERTO MANCINI will be Manchester City’s manager next season — even if they lose the FA Cup final.

Speculation is rife the Italian could be axed after a disappointing defence of the Premier League title.

But SunSport understands Mancini has the full support of new City chief executive Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain.

The trio have already been making plans for next season to significantly strengthen the squad in a bid to get the title back from rivals United.

Most importantly, chairman Khaldoon Al Mubaraak still backs the man he chose to replace Mark Hughes in December 2009.

Victory for City against Wigan at Wembley on May 11 would be Mancini’s third trophy in three seasons with two FA Cups and last season’s title.

In the wake of that title triumph last May, Mancini was given a new five-year deal.

Some saw the arrival of former Barcelona executives Soriano and Begiristain as putting pressure on Mancini.

But he has a better relationship with them than with previous chief exec Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4906304/Roberto-Mancini-will-stay-boss-even-if-Man-City-lose-FA-Cup-final.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... final.html</a>

The fact we're moving heaven and earth to get Cavani tells it's own story, no need to read speculation in the papers
That in itself is being speculated upon, so if we can't rely on one news story, why should we rely on another. One newspaper says we're in for Cavani and Lewandowski

Danamy said:
LoveCity said:

-

Mancini stays
Exclusive
By NEIL CUSTIS

ROBERTO MANCINI will be Manchester City’s manager next season — even if they lose the FA Cup final.

Speculation is rife the Italian could be axed after a disappointing defence of the Premier League title.

But SunSport understands Mancini has the full support of new City chief executive Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain.

The trio have already been making plans for next season to significantly strengthen the squad in a bid to get the title back from rivals United.

Most importantly, chairman Khaldoon Al Mubaraak still backs the man he chose to replace Mark Hughes in December 2009.

Victory for City against Wigan at Wembley on May 11 would be Mancini’s third trophy in three seasons with two FA Cups and last season’s title.

In the wake of that title triumph last May, Mancini was given a new five-year deal.

Some saw the arrival of former Barcelona executives Soriano and Begiristain as putting pressure on Mancini.

But he has a better relationship with them than with previous chief exec Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4906304/Roberto-Mancini-will-stay-boss-even-if-Man-City-lose-FA-Cup-final.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... final.html</a>

The fact we're moving heaven and earth to get Cavani tells it's own story, no need to read speculation in the papers

Am I missing something here? So far the only thing to suggest we are moving "heaven and earth" to get Cavan IS newspaper speculation.

We would be making a huge mistake signing Cavani. I am not doubting his quality, he is an excellent striker. However he isn't the striker for us. He is currently doing very well in a good team that is set up around his style of play, sound familiar to anyone? Dzeko. 3 years ago he was scoring the same amount of goals that Cavani is now but he can't do it for us. I have seen nothing to suggest that Cavani could do it for us, he is a strong athletic player who likes to receive the ball on the counter attack and run with it. He will never be a 1 touch pass player, we would be making the same mistake twice if we buy him.

@BluePhil8 said:
Danamy said:
LoveCity said:

-

Mancini stays
Exclusive
By NEIL CUSTIS

Am I missing something here? So far the only thing to suggest we are moving "heaven and earth" to get Cavan IS newspaper speculation.

We would be making a huge mistake signing Cavani. I am not doubting his quality, he is an excellent striker. However he isn't the striker for us. He is currently doing very well in a good team that is set up around his style of play, sound familiar to anyone? Dzeko. 3 years ago he was scoring the same amount of goals that Cavani is now but he can't do it for us. I have seen nothing to suggest that Cavani could do it for us, he is a strong athletic player who likes to receive the ball on the counter attack and run with it. He will never be a 1 touch pass player, we would be making the same mistake twice if we buy him.

You better have a word with the manager then, he's been after him the last two windows

Last season

34 24 5 5 85 27 58 77

This season

34 21 8 5 61 31 30 71

85 goals to 61. This is after the first 34 League games of each season.

2010/2011 season. Utd went on to win the League with 80 points.

You would be a mug to blame Mancini for that - the explanation is so obvious I don't even have to say it.

And the second matter is that winning a League Title is relative. If your opponent buys the top goalscorer then they are going to improve too, and that in itself piles on pressure and has the potential to take points from you in head to head games - which it did.

@BluePhil8 said:
Danamy said:
LoveCity said:

-

Mancini stays
Exclusive
By NEIL CUSTIS

Sorry mate, but Cavani is a top, top striker. I've got everything crossed that we bring him here, because he'll score bagfuls of goals for us. We're creating plenty of chances and we need someone who'll stick the ball in the net on a regular basis. This guy will do it, and it suggests to me that Mancini will be here next season.

so we can get the very wunderful Brenda Rodgers after all he can speak Spanish and has oddles of the self pity city culture that only time in Liverpool bestows on you
it's a shoo in

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-want-liverpool-boss-1857804" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ss-1857804</a>

Danamy said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Danamy said:

You better have a word with the manager then, he's been after him the last two windows
Sadly the manager doesn't always know what's best. He has also been chasing De-Rossi for 3 years and refused to sell Balotelli this summer when his value was at its highest. Also it was the manager who was after Dzeko to and look how well that has turned out.

hgblue said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Danamy said:

Sorry mate, but Cavani is a top, top striker. I've got everything crossed that we bring him here, because he'll score bagfuls of goals for us. We're creating plenty of chances and we need someone who'll stick the ball in the net on a regular basis. This guy will do it, and it suggests to me that Mancini will be here next season.
I'm not denying he is a good striker. Am I the only one who can see the similarities between him now and Dzeko at Wolfsburg?

Also I would class myself as an "outer" however I think Mancini will get one more year.

What happens hypothetically this year if we do get all of his targets (Cavani etc.) and still do poor in the champions league?

Marvin said:
Last season

34 24 5 5 85 27 58 77

This season

34 21 8 5 61 31 30 71

85 goals to 61. This is after the first 34 League games of each season.

2010/2011 season. Utd went on to win the League with 80 points.

You would be a mug to blame Mancini for that - the explanation is so obvious I don't even have to say it.

And the second matter is that winning a League Title is relative. If your opponent buys the top goalscorer then they are going to improve too, and that in itself piles on pressure and has the potential to take points from you in head to head games - which it did.

How about the fact that (unbeknown to us) we started the season with Mancini & Balotelli in dispute about his fine from last season ?

The fact that Balotelli subsequently scored ONE PL goal & had Mancini on his case pretty much every time he set foot on the field (in the past he used to be supportive in the same circumstances) then attacking him on the training ground, then selling him to AC Milan on the cheap ?

So we had 3 strikers rather than 4.

Nothing is ever Mancini's fault.

hgblue said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Danamy said:

Cavani is the striker that I want. If we are going all out for him, does that mean Bobby is staying? It certainly might but how many managers wouldn't want Cavani?

FWIW, I don't currently think City are going to sack Mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.