Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

@BluePhil8 said:
hgblue said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Am I missing something here? So far the only thing to suggest we are moving "heaven and earth" to get Cavan IS newspaper speculation.

We would be making a huge mistake signing Cavani. I am not doubting his quality, he is an excellent striker. However he isn't the striker for us. He is currently doing very well in a good team that is set up around his style of play, sound familiar to anyone? Dzeko. 3 years ago he was scoring the same amount of goals that Cavani is now but he can't do it for us. I have seen nothing to suggest that Cavani could do it for us, he is a strong athletic player who likes to receive the ball on the counter attack and run with it. He will never be a 1 touch pass player, we would be making the same mistake twice if we buy him.

Sorry mate, but Cavani is a top, top striker. I've got everything crossed that we bring him here, because he'll score bagfuls of goals for us. We're creating plenty of chances and we need someone who'll stick the ball in the net on a regular basis. This guy will do it, and it suggests to me that Mancini will be here next season.
I'm not denying he is a good striker. Am I the only one who can see the similarities between him now and Dzeko at Wolfsburg?

Also I would class myself as an "outer" however I think Mancini will get one more year.

What happens hypothetically this year if we do get all of his targets (Cavani etc.) and still do poor in the champions league?

Cavani is faster than Dzeko & more crucially, works twice as hard.

But to pay over 50 mil would be utter desperation.

@BluePhil8 said:
Danamy said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Am I missing something here? So far the only thing to suggest we are moving "heaven and earth" to get Cavan IS newspaper speculation.

We would be making a huge mistake signing Cavani. I am not doubting his quality, he is an excellent striker. However he isn't the striker for us. He is currently doing very well in a good team that is set up around his style of play, sound familiar to anyone? Dzeko. 3 years ago he was scoring the same amount of goals that Cavani is now but he can't do it for us. I have seen nothing to suggest that Cavani could do it for us, he is a strong athletic player who likes to receive the ball on the counter attack and run with it. He will never be a 1 touch pass player, we would be making the same mistake twice if we buy him.

You better have a word with the manager then, he's been after him the last two windows
Sadly the manager doesn't always know what's best. He has also been chasing De-Rossi for 3 years and refused to sell Balotelli this summer when his value was at its highest. Also it was the manager who was after Dzeko to and look how well that has turned out.

My post was my opinion on why i think Mancini will be here next season, the fact he's been chasing Cavani for a long time and we're moving heaven and earth to get him suggests he will be.

If you're saying that Cavani isn't the right player for City, well, that's your opinion

If Danamy alludes to Bob staying then the chances are he is.

As for Cavani, great player no doubt but so are Sergio and Carlos and unless Bob significantly addresses our midfield deficiencies and gets us as a team playing with far more pace, tempo and power, it will be much of the same, just with a different name up front.

Despite the distinct lack of love for The Sun from City, Neil Custis is one of the few people at the paper who has built up some degree of understanding.

His story today is not an official briefing from the club, but he is close to a couple members of Mancini's backroom.

Custis gets a rough deal from plenty on this board but it is his brother who is the real agitator, through his links to Kia.

I would certainly not dismiss it, although, as I say, there has to be a degree of caution based on who Neil Custis knows.

On the morning of Hughes' dismissal, he had Jurgen Klinsmann getting the job.

As for Brendan Rodgers, there is a lot of respect for Rodgers at City, having offered him the assistant manager's role, previously, but we can rest easy on this one!!

Danamy said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Danamy said:
You better have a word with the manager then, he's been after him the last two windows
Sadly the manager doesn't always know what's best. He has also been chasing De-Rossi for 3 years and refused to sell Balotelli this summer when his value was at its highest. Also it was the manager who was after Dzeko to and look how well that has turned out.

My post was my opinion on why i think Mancini will be here next season, the fact he's been chasing Cavani for a long time and we're moving heaven and earth to get him suggests he will be.

If you're saying that Cavani isn't the right player for City, well, that's your opinion

If we are trying to get him then I agree with you about Mancini. I hope he does well for us if he comes but I am just worried that he could be the next Dzeko, hopefully not though.

@BluePhil8 said:
hgblue said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Sorry mate, but Cavani is a top, top striker. I've got everything crossed that we bring him here, because he'll score bagfuls of goals for us. We're creating plenty of chances and we need someone who'll stick the ball in the net on a regular basis. This guy will do it, and it suggests to me that Mancini will be here next season.
I'm not denying he is a good striker. Am I the only one who can see the similarities between him now and Dzeko at Wolfsburg?

Also I would class myself as an "outer" however I think Mancini will get one more year.

What happens hypothetically this year if we do get all of his targets (Cavani etc.) and still do poor in the champions league?

Like any Manager he'll live or die by his decisions, if it's the wrong one and we fail again, he'll be gone

Neville Kneville said:
Marvin said:
Last season

34 24 5 5 85 27 58 77

This season

34 21 8 5 61 31 30 71

85 goals to 61. This is after the first 34 League games of each season.

2010/2011 season. Utd went on to win the League with 80 points.

You would be a mug to blame Mancini for that - the explanation is so obvious I don't even have to say it.

And the second matter is that winning a League Title is relative. If your opponent buys the top goalscorer then they are going to improve too, and that in itself piles on pressure and has the potential to take points from you in head to head games - which it did.

How about the fact that (unbeknown to us) we started the season with Mancini & Balotelli in dispute about his fine from last season ?

The fact that Balotelli subsequently scored ONE PL goal & had Mancini on his case pretty much every time he set foot on the field (in the past he used to be supportive in the same circumstances) then attacking him on the training ground, then selling him to AC Milan on the cheap ?

So we had 3 strikers rather than 4.

Nothing is ever Mancini's fault.
Did I say that? No. Unlike a privileged few I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but I am able to take an objective view of where we are now and where we were, and what has changed. And a FA Cup Final and runners-up spot does not equal Sack Mancini. As I pointed out, in the 2010-11 season our current points total would have put us on target for the League title again.

I am sure Mancini has made mistakes. For example I am not impressed with the way Dzeko and Balotelli both lost their motivation under Mancini, and have said that repeatedly all week since spurs, but that doesn't equal Sack Mancini.

We'll soon have confirmation that Mancini will (hopefully) get another crack at it.

By common consent we need to be quick out of the blocks to secure our targets and the negotiations are unlikely to be kept totally secret in this day and age.

The youngsters signed recently such as Nasty, Panti and Savic went under the Radar but we'll be fishing in a different pool now.

I really think the debates about his future will be resolved for now within a month maximum.

@BluePhil8 said:
hgblue said:
@BluePhil8 said:

I share the doubts that some people have over Mancini, but if the club decide to keep him then we have no choice but to back the guy fully in the transfer market this summer, because we can't afford to repeat the mistakes of last summer. United will strengthen, Chelsea will be a threat if Mourinho goes back there, Arsenal are reportedly about to loosen the purse strings, and Tottenham will be stronger if they keep Bale and sign a quality striker. This all means that the title will be even harder to win next season, and another Champs League failure isn't an option, so the manager needs to be given the resources to get the job done, and those of us who doubt him need to keep everything crossed that the Inners are proved right.

@BluePhil8 said:
If we are trying to get him then I agree with you about Mancini. I hope he does well for us if he comes but I am just worried that he could be the next Dzeko, hopefully not though.

Bringing players to a new league always has an element of risk but Cavani looks tailor made for us, whether we keep our current formation or move to 4-3-3, and the Premier League.

The only issue I have is the likely transfer fee, if we are worried about FFP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.