Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

bondsman said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Solihull Samba Boys said:
It is a brave call but his record in Europe with Villarreal and Málaga is nothing short of outstanding given the lack of resources. Has generally favoured 4-2-2-2 which suits our current players, only his version is much, much more balanced than the one Mancini has used. Was on to a hiding to nothing at Real Madrid given he was about 5th choice appointment in June 2009 but still managed a then record points haul with one of the most haphazard scattergun approaches to player acquisition I have ever seen from Perez and his cronies.
I've researched him since he became a potential candidate for us and I hear some very good things. I'd keep an open mind should he be offered the job and judge him as I find him.

Is that what you told the sheik Dave when he was consulting you and mr shears about how to move forward? I thought you only favoured the special one? Or was that until you read the people this weekend and were convinced that pellegrini was now the better option? No doubt the sun will convince you someone else is better in the morning.

I have a slight concern that managerial success in the CL is somewhat akin to a player doing really well in the WC or EURO finals; it could be be something of a red herring as it's based on relatively few games.

And although I know there are many differences, whenever I hear about Pellegrini, I keep thinking "Juande Ramos"...

CaliforniaBlue said:
bondsman said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've researched him since he became a potential candidate for us and I hear some very good things. I'd keep an open mind should he be offered the job and judge him as I find him.

Is that what you told the sheik Dave when he was consulting you and mr shears about how to move forward? I thought you only favoured the special one? Or was that until you read the people this weekend and were convinced that pellegrini was now the better option? No doubt the sun will convince you someone else is better in the morning.

I have a slight concern that managerial success in the CL is somewhat akin to a player doing really well in the WC or EURO finals; it could be be something of a red herring as it's based on relatively few games.

And although I know there are many differences, whenever I hear about Pellegrini, I keep thinking "Juande Ramos"...

No your wrong we need to get rid of Mancini he may have won 4 trophies by the end of the season but we are not going to progress unless we appoint an unproven candidate that is currently flavour of the month. ;)

LoveCity said:
Pellegrini is also a main candidate for the Barcelona job if Villanova steps down for health (or other) reasons.

Pellegrini's man management skills have been described as "exceptional", he is one of those coaches the players will give it all for as demonstrated by Malaga this season despite the diabolical situation at their club where the owner failed to pay players and invest anything in the squad after selling off star players. Malaga's CL campaign has to be a candidate for best of the modern era considering the players they have.

I for one couldn't give a toss about 'man management' that some talk about. All I care about is our trophy count, and maybe Pellegrini has kept things together while his club's owner has been selling his better players, but he's not the first manager to suffer this way. When he wins trophies with a full squad against his league's better teams, be it Barca or ManU, then I'll applaud him for it, but for a project of our size and ambition, he's too much of a risk.

bondsman said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
bondsman said:

No your wrong we need to get rid of Mancini he may have won 4 trophies by the end of the season but we are not going to progress unless we appoint an unproven candidate that is currently flavour of the month. ;)

Advocating Mourinho Pep or Klopp is one thing.
Maybe some of the outers would be better christened as abm's.Anyone but Mancini.

CaliforniaBlue said:
bondsman said:
Didsbury Dave said:

True but he has been no clown in La Liga either. Broke the record points total at all three clubs he’s managed, can‘t see he‘s actually had one “bad“ season looking at his history.

Juande Ramos seems to have been a bit of a nobody until a good season or so at Sevilla where he also won the UEFA Cup, then everyone collectively rushed to hurl him into the starlight as the next big thing. Pellegrini would have been found out by now if he was the same.

Kijin said:
OB1 said:
Do you know how many different pages of debate there have been in this forum on the subject of Mancini and possible alternatives?

2 posts suggests that you have just pitched up and pitched in without any understanding of the points of view or knowledge of people who have been regular contributors to this debate.

You might be advised to do a bit of homework before trying to teach people to suck eggs.
No I do not know that. It seems I have been too offensive. I just saw an interesting discussion and wanted to share my thoughts of these gentleman. I was not trying to teach you anything. It just felt weird you putting Pep and Mou side by side there. To me they represent too different ends of a rope. Doesn't feel right to go grasping for both ends. That's is all I was after.

- Kijin

Well, we are obviously looking at a different piece of rope. Tony Pullis and Pep might be at different ends of a rope but not Mourinho and Guardiola. You are right that there are differences and those differences may be the reason that Txiki & Co won't move for Mourinho; the reasons for Mourinho being rejected for the Barca job have been well documented. From my point of view, Mourinho can deliver winning football with a team playing 4-3-3 in a sufficiently entertaining style. And quite simply, if we want to win things, he offers the best chance and would make him worth accommodating at City.

taconinja said:
Oh goodie. I assume this means you'll refrain in the future from your very righteous indignity when someone criticizes you on a personal level as happened some pages back before you and I believe it was Exeter decided to tag-team and deride other posters for the low tactic of ad hominem arguments instead of engaging with the points? I mean... seeing as you don't feel the need to engage with the argument either I don't see why you wouldn't.

Don't know about righteous indignation but if people decide to throw crap in my direction, I will feel free to respond as I see fit.

If someone starts a response to me by telling me I'm just pulling names out of the air or whatever it was, I'll feel free to give them short shrift.

Thanks for your input.

OB1 said:
Kijin said:
OB1 said:
Do you know how many different pages of debate there have been in this forum on the subject of Mancini and possible alternatives?

2 posts suggests that you have just pitched up and pitched in without any understanding of the points of view or knowledge of people who have been regular contributors to this debate.

You might be advised to do a bit of homework before trying to teach people to suck eggs.
No I do not know that. It seems I have been too offensive. I just saw an interesting discussion and wanted to share my thoughts of these gentleman. I was not trying to teach you anything. It just felt weird you putting Pep and Mou side by side there. To me they represent too different ends of a rope. Doesn't feel right to go grasping for both ends. That's is all I was after.

- Kijin

Well, we are obviously looking at a different piece of rope. Tony Pullis and Pep might be at different ends of a rope but not Mourinho and Guardiola. You are right that there are differences and those differences may be the reason that Txiki & Co won't move for Mourinho; the reasons for Mourinho being rejected for the Barca job have been well documented. From my point of view, Mourinho can deliver winning football with a team playing 4-3-3 in a sufficiently entertaining style. And quite simply, if we want to win things, he offers the best chance and would make him worth accommodating at City.
Apart from the fact that he has his mind set on the swamp job. There are politics in this game and he knows that if he was to go to City, that would be the end of his ambition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.