Why this was brilliant result

hello said:
Brilliant Result would be taking it too far however being a local, on the train back most of the Villa fans seemed pleased with their performance. The fact that SWP/ Tevez/ RSC/ De Jong /Barry all had slightly or very below par games and we came away with a comfortable draw away to a decent side says volumes about the potential of the side.

In the not too distant past if 2/3 players had an off night we would have meekly surrendered and settled for a 2-0 defeat.

16pts from 21 is a good ratio with some tough away games out of the way.

Lets hope we come through through this international break without any injuries.

I think that in addition to the results and points, it is important to consider how we have played in all our games so far, and compare that to how the likes of the Manyoo, Liverpool, Chelski and Arsenal have played.

City : Without playing brilliantly, we have had five good wins, a good draw away from home and a controversial defeat (robbed of a point). In no games have we been poor or very poor - last night's performance was
"OK" by our new standards. In previous years, this would have been considered a good performance and result.

Scum: Have been rank poor at times - Sunderland, Birmingham, Burnley, Arsenal . Sooner or later their luck has to run out and they will not get a favourable decision / freak own goal (has saved them in 2 games). Is Foster the worst goalkeeper in the Prem? if you say no, please name someone worse - I cannot think of anyone!

Liverpool: Up and down - have been quite poor in a few games and the results show it.

Arsenal: Look like City last year - some spectacular big wins and very exiting in attack and when on top, but distinctly shaky in defence.

Chelsea: Look very good MOST of the time, but that terrible performance against Wigan? We have not been anything like as poor against any of our opponents.

In June 2009, bookies gave 50-1 odds on City winning the Prem - if only I could turn the clock back!

you could see the relief on o,niels face after the game, saying it was the best they have played for a long time, one thing about o,niel is he,s a very honest man (and an ex blue) so to me during the game i was thinking that villa were there for the taking, my only critisism was that i thought petorv should have been brought on, but other than that a great point, think we should invite that kretin waving the dudd fifties for a little get together for the return fixture?

I thought we dominated the game,if it wasn't for a bit of crazy arse defending on set pieces we would have been more comfortable. We were the only team going to win that game, the fact we dominated and had the best chances when we all know we were nowhere near our best is a very good sign.

Very happy with a point at Villa.

happy with the draw me,its great beating the any of the top four sides,but we must prove ourselves against the likes of villa/spurs,everton just to see how good we really are,and even some of the smaller teams will try to bring us down to their level,but with our squad and the players we have im sure we could do just this...ctid

hello said:
Brilliant Result would be taking it too far however being a local, on the train back most of the Villa fans seemed pleased with their performance. The fact that SWP/ Tevez/ RSC/ De Jong /Barry all had slightly or very below par games and we came away with a comfortable draw away to a decent side says volumes about the potential of the side.

In the not too distant past if 2/3 players had an off night we would have meekly surrendered and settled for a 2-0 defeat.

16pts from 21 is a good ratio with some tough away games out of the way.

Lets hope we come through through this international break without any injuries.
We've got some tough games out the way for sure.

Blackburn away, Arsenal at home, Scum at the Swamp, Villa away, and we've won the games we expected to win. We've had a great return of 16 from 21 with a team that isn't really fully fit nor had much time to play together. We have £50m of attacking talent (RSC & Robbie) to welcome back, so i'd say we are definitely in with a chance of a title challenge. Put it this way, if Adebayor, RSC, Tevez, Robinho, Barry, Ireland, De Jong, Toure, Lescott, Bridge, Given, SWP, Petrov etc all played for Liverpool, they would be considered challengers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.