Why we should believe we can win the title

I remember the kippax said:
Celtic Pete said:
I bet Martin O'Neill will make them the backbone of his team!!
Dunne was also Villa's player of the season. I've never known any other team in world football who gets rid of their best players and replaces them with the likes of Lescot and Kolo? Letting Ireland go and keeping Barry? These were proper dyed in wool Blues. You can't buy that anywhere.

Let me just have a look at what you're saying - Richard Dunne is better than Lescott & Toure K...... not a chance, I've seen Dunne lose concentration so many times in so many games - imo the real reason he was player of the season so many times was because Distin was so fast he could make up for his lapses...

Secondly - why are you comparing Ireland to Barry? 2 different players - 1 a DM, 1 a AM - the real comparison is to compare Ireland to Silva - that's why we can afford to offload him -

And as for MON making Ireland & Dunne the backbone of his team - well he sort of has to doesn't he? It's not as if he can go out and spend £40m+ on some central defenders or £80m+ on some central midfielders.

As for dyed in the wool blues, so am I but Boateng, Kompany, Silva & Milner are all better than me. Even Richard Dunne might, just might, be.... ;-) However I have never been a member of the "he's a proper blue we can't get rid of him brigade" - ffs, the last player who was bought (like Dunne) into this club who was a "dyed in the wool blue" was Terry Phelan, and the last time we were rumoured to be buying one it was Geoff Thomas.

How many proper Chelsea fans play for them? I'll take quality over loyalty to a club every time - and here's a tip for you and you being a Celtic fan it might, just might, hit home - there is no such thing as loyalty in football at the highest level - not any more. The days of being born within 5 miles of Parkhead and lifting a European Trophy are long gone.... so here's the point - We can now afford the best and due to the new ruling have to offload our "nearly best" players - so what, don't care

If I can afford to drive a Bentley everyday do I go to work in the Ford? Do I bollox... do I care where it's made? Do I bollox..... Is 1 markedly better than the other? Of course it is

So to get this thread back on topic - can we win the League? Yes we can because we have consistently bought players who are better than the ones that we had in the Championship (like Dunne)

Real Madrid.

Celtic Pete said:
Let me just have a look at what you're saying - Richard Dunne is better than Lescott & Toure K...... not a chance, I've seen Dunne lose concentration so many times in so many games - imo the real reason he was player of the season so many times was because Distin was so fast he could make up for his lapses...

Secondly - why are you comparing Ireland to Barry? 2 different players - 1 a DM, 1 a AM - the real comparison is to compare Ireland to Silva - that's why we can afford to offload him -

And as for MON making Ireland & Dunne the backbone of his team - well he sort of has to doesn't he? It's not as if he can go out and spend £40m+ on some central defenders or £80m+ on some central midfielders.

As for dyed in the wool blues, so am I but Boateng, Kompany, Silva & Milner are all better than me. Even Richard Dunne might, just might, be.... ;-) However I have never been a member of the "he's a proper blue we can't get rid of him brigade" - ffs, the last player who was bought (like Dunne) into this club who was a "dyed in the wool blue" was Terry Phelan, and the last time we were rumoured to be buying one it was Geoff Thomas.

How many proper Chelsea fans play for them? I'll take quality over loyalty to a club every time - and here's a tip for you and you being a Celtic fan it might, just might, hit home - there is no such thing as loyalty in football at the highest level - not any more. The days of being born within 5 miles of Parkhead and lifting a European Trophy are long gone.... so here's the point - We can now afford the best and due to the new ruling have to offload our "nearly best" players - so what, don't care

If I can afford to drive a Bentley everyday do I go to work in the Ford? Do I bollox... do I care where it's made? Do I bollox..... Is 1 markedly better than the other? Of course it is

So to get this thread back on topic - can we win the League? Yes we can because we have consistently bought players who are better than the ones that we had in the Championship (like Dunne)

Real Madrid.

I don't get your point - what's your point? or can you not enter a full debate?<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:05 pm --<br /><br />
davymcfc said:
im too afraid to believe

It's OK.... the nasty undercover rag's cover is about to be blown.... then you can believe totally..... ;-)

Celtic Pete said:
Real Madrid.

I don't get your point - what's your point? or can you not enter a full debate?

-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:05 pm --

davymcfc said:
im too afraid to believe

It's OK.... the nasty undercover rag's cover is about to be blown.... then you can believe totally..... ;-)

I think what he is trying to say is goodbye?!

gio's side step said:
Celtic Pete said:
That's right, United and Chelsea are quaking in their boots!!
Bacon face was literally shaking with fear as he carried the Community sheild
out of wembley yesterday.

I think you need to have a lie down, otherwise losing the first game at Spurs might just push you over the edge.

Even the rags weren't this arrogant in 1992! And thats saying something. People like you need to just sit back, chill out and shut the f**k up. You are only creating more pressure on the club and that give the media more fuel for the fire. Please stop.

As my mum would say, f**kin cop on!

You completely reinforce my point. Well done. If we can't handle pressure, the fans, the players, the club, then we shouldnt be here. Let's return to mid table mediocricy. That will satifsy your fear of arrogance.

Arrogance is confidence without ability to back it up, so all City fans should have a healthy fear of it. This club has the players capable of winning the title but it would require everything falling into the right place at the right time this season for that to happen. We will take months to form a winning mentality and the departure of players this summer is going to cause dressing room troubles whether we want to admit it or not. Team sports are all about people's emotions and politics so we'd be foolish to dismiss this as not being a possibility for the club this year.

I'm also quite sure that Chelsea and United are more worried about each other rather than us. They see us as up and coming because of our players but we have not developed a title winning squad just yet. They are proven title winners and have the confidence (not arrogance) to believe they can beat anyone because they have, so until Man City does it (instead of talks about it), then we'll always be an "up and coming" club.

If you havent already seen my thread from Sunday which is in a similar vein then here it is

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185124

There are some pretty weighty posts on there which is great to see.

macmanson said:
gio's side step said:
You completely reinforce my point. Well done. If we can't handle pressure, the fans, the players, the club, then we shouldnt be here. Let's return to mid table mediocricy. That will satifsy your fear of arrogance.

Arrogance is confidence without ability to back it up, so all City fans should have a healthy fear of it. This club has the players capable of winning the title but it would require everything falling into the right place at the right time this season for that to happen. We will take months to form a winning mentality and the departure of players this summer is going to cause dressing room troubles whether we want to admit it or not. Team sports are all about people's emotions and politics so we'd be foolish to dismiss this as not being a possibility for the club this year.

I'm also quite sure that Chelsea and United are more worried about each other rather than us. They see us as up and coming because of our players but we have not developed a title winning squad just yet. They are proven title winners and have the confidence (not arrogance) to believe they can beat anyone because they have, so until Man City does it (instead of talks about it), then we'll always be an "up and coming" club.

Have a gold star, you sane human being.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:36 pm --<br /><br />
Celtic Pete said:
Real Madrid.

We've been debating it all day, horse. Gio might have been saved, but the fella with the 'believe' campaign is beyond all hope.

Celtic Pete said:
macmanson said:

Have a gold star, you sane human being.

-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:36 pm --

We've been debating it all day, horse. Gio might have been saved, but the fella with the 'believe' campaign is beyond all hope.

When all is weighed and measured I think you will find more people agree with me than with you my ragtastic, hoop wearing friend.

But of course that may be arrogance on my part.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.