Why we should believe we can win the title

fbloke said:
Celtic Pete said:
Have a gold star, you sane human being.

-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:36 pm --

I don't get your point - what's your point? or can you not enter a full debate?

-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:05 pm --

We've been debating it all day, horse. Gio might have been saved, but the fella with the 'believe' campaign is beyond all hope.

When all is weighed and measured I think you will find more people agree with me than with you my ragtastic, hoop wearing friend.

But of course that may be arrogance on my part.

Problem with this forum is, if you have a differing opinion than the giddy wee mongs that have suddenly become city fans, then they all tell daddy that you are a rag and try to get you banned. That pretty much destroys any ability for a debate.

We can all sit around eating cakes and agreeing that David Silva has lovely hair, but it's all abit gay in my opinion. I think my name gives away my credentials.

All these lines about City having some brilliant individual players, but have yet to craft a team, are true but they also miss the point.

For me, more than anything, it's all about our mindset now.

I am convinced if we took our 25 players and stuck them all United shirts and they played at the swamp for a season, they would definitely win the title.

Hate the rags though we do, you have to hand it to them that when they are 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go, the whole team goes on overdrive as they *expect* to still win. The whole crowd senses it and the atmosphere becomes electric. (Sorry to sound like a rag, but it's true.) The opposition cave in under the relentless pressure.

Somehow we have to get that same level of belief and expectation drummed in. And us fans play a massive part I think. We have got to stop this "we are shit and we know we are" attitude and get totally behind the team and EVERY player for the whole 90 minutes.

Come on CITY. We can do it!

We should believe we can win the title, without doubt.

But if things go slightly pear shaped are we strong enough to stay together without calling for everyones head? Silva becoming a boo boy etc. I am not sure if we lose our first couple of games we have the strength to not go in meltdown as supporters.

I personally think we will win it, but if not I wont be calling all and sundry, my minimum expectations is a top 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.