Why we're better than Spurs...

Can't argue with many but Palacios is not even in De Jong's league. De Jong is widely considered one of the top DMs in Europe, has drawn comparisons with Makelele, and outshines Essien in every City vs. Chelsea game. Plus, we lose or draw more often than not without him. Palacios has found himself on the bench quite often for Spurs as his form dipped and even when it was at his peak, he was not as good as De Jong. 'arry would have De Jong over Palacios in a heartbeat.

LoveCity said:
Can't argue with many but Palacios is not even in De Jong's league. De Jong is widely considered one of the top DMs in Europe, has drawn comparisons with Makelele, and outshines Essien in every City vs. Chelsea game. Plus, we lose or draw more often than not without him. Palacios has found himself on the bench quite often for Spurs as his form dipped and even when it was at his peak, he was not as good as De Jong. 'arry would have De Jong over Palacious in a heartbeat.
Yep,i take that back,i would choose DJ over Palacios,mainly because of his infectious tenancity and passion,when he doesn't play we are definitely weakened.Palacios does not quite possess that same mentality.

FantasyIreland said:
LoveCity said:
Can't argue with many but Palacios is not even in De Jong's league. De Jong is widely considered one of the top DMs in Europe, has drawn comparisons with Makelele, and outshines Essien in every City vs. Chelsea game. Plus, we lose or draw more often than not without him. Palacios has found himself on the bench quite often for Spurs as his form dipped and even when it was at his peak, he was not as good as De Jong. 'arry would have De Jong over Palacious in a heartbeat.
Yep,i take that back,i would choose DJ over Palacios,mainly because of his infectious tenancity and passion,when he doesn't play we are definitely weakened.Palacios does not quite possess that same mentality.

Absolute bollox. Did you watch the game at San Siro last night?

sibierski express said:
FantasyIreland said:

Yep,have you read my previous post?

FantasyIreland said:
sibierski express said:

Yh I did, but I don't agree with your reason of having DJ ahead of Palacios. I'd rather have DJ too, but not because Palacios isn't passionate on the field, but mainly because his possesion and short passing are much weaker.

sibierski express said:
FantasyIreland said:

Yh I did, but I don't agree with your reason of having DJ ahead of Palacios. I'd rather have DJ too, but not because Palacios isn't passionate on the field, but mainly because his possesion and short passing are much weaker.

I am not saying Palacios isn't passionate,quite the opposite,he pulls his tripe out.
I probably didn't explain myself enough,DJ is a leader,he constantly talks and fires up his teammates and leads by example,we are far more up for it with him in the side and considerably weakened without him.
I feel he performs that role(skipper material) better than Palacios.

As for his footballing ability,little difference imo.

tonea2003 said:
Tevez City said:
They are better than us because they have better midfield than us.

is that it then?
so having a better defence and forward line don't count
strange

It certainly counts but for me midfield,without doubt,is where a game is determined.Besides Spurs defence is not that much weaker than our own,both Ekooto and Dawson would be preferential to our options.

Our forwards are considerably stronger but what use is the gun with the wrong ammunition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.