Why Would you Vote Tory ?

cyberblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I do remember the 80's and what happened when the Tories got in.

Militant unions finally under democratic control. Lower taxes. bloated and inefficient state run industries that soaked up hundreds of millions of taxpayers money shut down or sold off. No more crawling cap in hand to the IMF for another bail-out. Inflation gradually brought under control and the economy strengthened.

Why would you vote Tory indeed?
OOPs you forgot the Falklands War
.Millions of unemployed .the Miners Strike & the attacks on the Health Service .Privatisation & poverty at its lowest for years
Ah yes, the Falklands War - a country being managed into a slow decline suddenly discovered it had balls. Thanks to that, Argentina has a democracy again instead of living under military rule where people were tortured and murdered by being thrown out of aircraft into the ocean.

Millions of unemployed - would have most likely happened anyway, just not as quickly. Most of those industries were dying anyway.

The Miners Strike - Barnsley's answer to Lenin got found out. Do you really think a dirty and polluting fuel like coal has any place in modern society?

Privatisation - industries shielded from commercial considerations by taxpayers money suddenly had to become efficient.

Poverty - a good point but much of this was due to both rising unemployment, caused by the shock of industries which were dying anyway being massively scaled back, and high inflation as a legacy of economic mismanagement. Poverty levels fell for a while but have been rising since 2004. According to Oxfam the UK currently has more of its citizens (20%) living in poverty than all but 6 of the 27 countries in the EU. And that's after 13 years of Labour governement, record growth and low inflation.

privatisation -a euphemism for some rich twat to cream off millions of pounds of subsidies and then go crying to the government when they can't" run the industry properly " ( euphemism for we've fleeced you now we're bored)

Unions stand up for workers rights in the face of unprecedented
attacks by tory wankers and their share holder mates

cyberblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I do remember the 80's and what happened when the Tories got in.

Militant unions finally under democratic control. Lower taxes. bloated and inefficient state run industries that soaked up hundreds of millions of taxpayers money shut down or sold off. No more crawling cap in hand to the IMF for another bail-out. Inflation gradually brought under control and the economy strengthened.

Why would you vote Tory indeed?
.Millions of unemployed .the Miners Strike & the attacks on the Health Service .Privatisation & poverty at its lowest for years

oops you forgot the iraq/afghanistan war. many MORE millions unemployed (just hidden under the guise of something else)

Talking to my 78 year old uncle about this at the weekend. He made a good point that the real people with power, the civil servants don't actually change.
He said in his experience the real difference is this.

Labour = higher taxes (I think we can all vouch for this)
Tory = lower taxes and public services turn to shit.

Simplistic but sounds about right to me.

Dannyctid said:
Talking to my 78 year old uncle about this at the weekend. He made a good point that the real people with power, the civil servants don't actually change.
He said in his experience the real difference is this.

Labour = higher taxes (I think we can all vouch for this)
Tory = lower taxes and public services turn to shit.

Simplistic but sounds about right to me.

Good post and wise words from the old fella - we only get to vote for shades of the same colour now.

marcus said:
cyberblue said:

oops you forgot the iraq/afghanistan war.

many MORE millions unemployed (just hidden under the guise of something else)

Which the tories also voted for...

That's actually a tory policy that Labour continued...

kronkonite said:
privatisation -a euphemism for some rich twat to cream off millions of pounds of subsidies and then go crying to the government when they can't" run the industry properly " ( euphemism for we've fleeced you now we're bored)

Unions stand up for workers rights in the face of unprecedented
attacks by tory wankers and their share holder mates

didn't realise Bob Crow was a City fan

As an ex-pat I have noticed how bad the country has gone down the pan under Blair and now Brown. We have become a joke nation.
It's time for a change otherwise the decline will continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.