Why ''York away''? Should be Northampton.....

lancs blue said:
Being at York wasn't about loyalty as much as being there at the club's lowest point in their history, I've never felt as depressed about City as I did walking back to the car after that match.

I went on the piss in York that night and had a great time! To be honest, the magnitude of where we were at that point didn't really hit me until months or even years later. Probably because I was brainwashed by Joe Royle's comments after seemingly every defeat or bore-draw at the time about how we were "nicely tucked in behind the leaders" and to be honest I distinctly remember looking at teletext in the hotel room that night as I was getting ready to go out and thinking that despite us being 12th in the league, we were only a few points away from a play-off spot.

M18CTID said:
lancs blue said:
Being at York wasn't about loyalty as much as being there at the club's lowest point in their history, I've never felt as depressed about City as I did walking back to the car after that match.

I went on the piss in York that night and had a great time! To be honest, the magnitude of where we were at that point didn't really hit me until months or even years later. Probably because I was brainwashed by Joe Royle's comments after seemingly every defeat or bore-draw at the time about how we were "nicely tucked in behind the leaders" and to be honest I distinctly remember looking at teletext in the hotel room that night as I was getting ready to go out and thinking that despite us being 12th in the league, we were only a few points away from a play-off spot.
I must be one of those manic depressives that Pearce was on about, our form was so bad I could only see a long struggle ahead after the York match. Thankfully Ged Wiekens dug us out of that hole at Wrexham the following week.

lancs blue said:
Imagine what it was like for me supporting Utd at the time. we'd lost 3-2 at Boro.

Was gutted.

Glad I support City now though as I was bored with Chelsea after Jose left.

lancs blue said:

Agreed, was awful. Remember some clogger of a forward skinning Tony Vaughan i think late on for their winner. Felt suicidal, thought at that point it could end in another relegation...

I got a ticket in the Northampton home end like hundreds of other
blues,got stopped going in like some others and eventually they let us
in the away end to get rid of us even tho there were no seats left...HAPPY DAYS :-(

Here's a drepressing feat. I went to York, i even witnessed danny allsop get brought on then subbed off again which seemed only 10 minutes later, cant remember if it was wycombe or lincoln. I witnessed Swp debut goal or what we thought at Vale away and went through the euphoria of Wembley in 99 then the magic of the 4-1 against blackburn. I carried on going to every home game and even most away games. Then in 2008 i had to give up my season ticket for a year due to finance, sorted everything out and have been going to them all again now (im only 19 btw) Anyway the crux of this story was the fact after witnessing all the shit i couldnt even get a ticket to the wembley final. Watching it on Tv just felt so hollow. Ah well . Typical

SWP's back said:
lancs blue said:
Imagine what it was like for me supporting Utd at the time. we'd lost 3-2 at Boro.

Was gutted.

Glad I support City now though as I was bored with Chelsea after Jose left.[/quote

Lol !!! Stop fishing Sweep :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.