Why you supported our wonderful club

I wasn't really into football until my teens, then a lot of my mates and I started going to Maine Road as a kind of social thing and a laugh in the early 90s and I got completely hooked on City ever since.

Easter 1969 an Auntie bought myself and younger brother blazers and football crests to be sewn unto them. She brought home two and I picked City and my brother was left with West Ham. So this Easter it will be 50 years since I started following them. My brother now lives in London and goes to the West Ham games. Its interesting reading these posts just to see what started everyone.

Went into sports direct one day back in 2003 aged 9, picked up a city shirt for a fiver (the red and black striped first advice one), loved them ever since.

Dads best mate is a city fan which has also helped.

I am older than most but like most I was told in no uncertain way that I should support City by my father.
His exact words were "Anyone can support United but it is character building to support City"
How right he was, the abuse I got for my allegiance was constant and mainly aimed at not only comparing results with United but also the way were run.
My defiant stance made me grow up not expecting life to spoon feed me pleasantries and to stand up for myself verbally as I got older.
In short it defined my character as my dad predicted.

Nowadays I see everything that was wrong at City rectified, we are run like a well oiled business in any sector of business, we play glorious football via the best manager in the world and players worthy of his skills. Our future is served by a world class Academy and my distrust of what fate has in store for "The City Factor" is starting to evaporate.

What was there not to like about my fathers insight into the way my life enjoyment.could be enhanced.

I support City because my family do, it is illegal to support anyone else. Not sure all the gallows humour has prepared me for what we're seeing now, it's been like Narnia or a dream I will wake up from.

I will be supporting them until I die

Family home as a kid was on Platt lane, Apparently there was competition between my parent's as my mum was a rag and dad a blue. There's some hideous photos of me being abused being dressed in red as a toddler. However my dad was killed in the Falklands and 7 year old me decided to tell her straight to stop with all the silly red stuff. She relented in trying to force the horrible red tops on me at least but wouldn't take me to Maine road. I used to sit in the garden on matchdays listening to the crowd. When I was about 10 my brother took me a game whilst he was on leave, and introduce me to his brilliant way of funding his own match experiences as a teenager. so from then on, I'll be one the annoying little scroates offering to watch your car and as soon as I had enough I'ld leg it to the kippax.

Apologies if anyone got their car nicked\vandalised on my watch.

My Grandfather was from Manchester so I had to be a blue as he hated United

Family home as a kid was on Platt lane, Apparently there was competition between my parent's as my mum was a rag and dad a blue. There's some hideous photos of me being abused being dressed in red as a toddler. However my dad was killed in the Falklands and 7 year old me decided to tell her straight to stop with all the silly red stuff. She relented in trying to force the horrible red tops on me at least but wouldn't take me to Maine road. I used to sit in the garden on matchdays listening to the crowd. When I was about 10 my brother took me a game whilst he was on leave, and introduce me to his brilliant way of funding his own match experiences as a teenager. so from then on, I'll be one the annoying little scroates offering to watch your car and as soon as I had enough I'ld leg it to the kippax.

Apologies if anyone got their car nicked\vandalised on my watch.
I don't know how it started. My Dad is a Utd fan so probably out of awkwardness, but bless his heart he took me to City as a young boy.

Great thread. Burnage boy. Most of my school mates city fans. Dad a hardcore blue. Genuinely didn’t even know where old Trafford was until I was about 14.

City till I die.

The story goes that all my dads family were reds(catholic’s) & and my mums were blue(Protestants). lived with me mums mum and dad then in crossacres Rd. and my dad was only allowed in If he went round the back. In the late 60’s great decision But who could guess how it would go. Hopefully got the last laugh now though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.