Why you supported our wonderful club

Fell out of love with Football early teens, Dad took me to Notts County v City FA Cup (I’m from Nottingham) and just fell in love with every about Manchester City, from the city fans celebration to when Edin Dzeko equalised to the manners and respect from the City fans, all very humble. Since then have been to the Etihad at any given opportunity. Class fan base.

Dad took me when I was 2 on the old kippax before they knocked it down. Didn’t properly get in to it until 97/98 season. France 98 cemented my love for football and then my dad got me my first season ticket in 98/99 division 2. Loved the humour and chanting more than anything and I used to get so nervous. Maine road was very special. It’s different being a city fan now. Sometimes I have to pinch myself. I live in the Isle of Man now and it’s full of Liverpool fans questioning my support. I just laugh at them because I have been to a lot more games than they have and don’t need to prove myself to those twats. CTID.

My Dad originally from Irlam O’Th Heights ( think I got that right) moved to Chadderton as a young man and was more into his Rugby League ( Oldham ) than football. Consequently he never took me to the footy.

Enter Valerie ( my Mum’s workmate ) and her elderly parents , who offered to take me to Maine Road for the first time circa 1965 I think , as an 8 year old.
Johnny Crossan was captain and I think we played Bolton in a friendly ..... anyway , immediately hooked.
I went with them for a few years then , including Newcastle in 68 , FA Cup final in 69 and League Cup Final in 70.
Then in 71/72, if memory serves me right , I started to go to with mates as a 14/15 year old.

I was never a football hooligan but as a young teenager I admit to being ‘ interested / intrigued ‘ with what was going on , in and around the grounds , part of being a kid I guess. I travelled the length and breadth of England following the boys then , until packing up and moving to Australia in 88.
The rest they say ‘ is history ‘ ....... what a journey, and what a time to be a Blue.

Thanks Valerie , I’m forever in your debt.

Can’t remember but probably to piss me dad off. Some memory of liking the shirt colour as bless my dad he didn’t force the Rags on me and luckily my uncle and cousins were blues.

Switched from Liverpool to United to Chelsea and then supported City. Can't see myself switching again for a while but have been tempted by Liverpool this year.

My young lad wanted to go to a premier league game for his 14th birthday (2015). Managed to get tickets for the game versus Newcastle (6-1, Sergio scored 5, and KDB scored a stunner).

That first game we were in the front rows of the east stand in amongst loads of tourists but the whole day was amazing. The surroundings and facilities of the club, the whole experience was superb. I’d always had a soft spot for City going back to the Spuds FA cup final as a young boy, more so from liking the strip and always backing the underdog. Also the loyalty of the fans throughout he tough times and in the face of successful neighbours. Also loved the attitude of Mancini and the strides made in his tenure.

That first trip led to Citizens membership and a return trip to the PSG game that season which was again incredible. More games each season when we can manage, and pretty much each time we’ve been in beside proper City supporters.

I love Manchester as a city, the humbleness of the average fan, and the fact the players and staff seem to love where they are right now. No big time Charlie’s with us.

My best experience was the 2nd leg against the Dippers - despite the result the atmosphere and quality of the performance was electric, and proud to follow this club.

My young lad is on the cusp of going away to Uni later this year, the missus has been told she’ll be coming in his place on occasion.

I am a true JCL, but didn’t expect to be bitten by the bug as hard as I have. Regardless of what happens in the future I’ll be making trips regularly.

A genuine proper football club, it’s long time fans truly deserve what they are receiving now.

My Dad was in the army and was from Glasgow and got posted to Manchester. He married my mum who’s family moved to the Northwest from Staffordshire and they started watching City. They were at the Trautmann final after queuing all night for tickets. They started taking me in 1968, first game was the charity shield v West Brom which we won 6-1. My mum and dad are in their mid eighties now so don’t go anymore, but still never miss a game when City are on the box. I would love to get them into corporate for a treat in the next couple of years. I still owe them for taking me to that game in 1968.

Born in West Gorton, Mam's family all City fans, Dad's family all City fans, Christened at St Mark's Church, went to St Mark's Primary School all my mates at school were City fans, growing up in the late '60s, City were the 'top' team etc. Basically, it was inevitable that I'd be blue and it was easy for me. Some people are just born lucky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.