Why

Burtonblue said:
I have though about this much.
May be something to do with a bit of complacency from some of our players.
Some (Kolarov, Yaya, Lescott to name but a few) seem to take their foot off the gas just a bit when playing the "lesser" teams, almost as if they think it is our God given right for them to succumb to the greatness of mcfc.
Contrast that with our raggy neighbours in whiskeynose's day when they approached the first 20 of every game as if their lives depended on it.
I think it is an attitude problem which we are in the process of addressing (I hope anyway)
I'm sure if you'd thought about it a bit more you wouldn't have singled out two players who didn't play today and one who came on as a subsitute.

i kne albert davy said:
Burtonblue said:
Some (Kolarov, Yaya, Lescott to name but a few) seem to take their foot off the gas just a bit when playing the "lesser" teams, almost as if they think it is our God given right for them to succumb to the greatness of mcfc.
Contrast that with our raggy neighbours in whiskeynose's day when they approached the first 20 of every game as if their lives depended on it.
I think it is an attitude problem which we are in the process of addressing (I hope anyway)
I'm sure if you'd thought about it a bit more you wouldn't have singled out two players who didn't play today and one who came on as a subsitute.

Wouldn't that mean that he has actually thought about it, and his opinion isn't a knee jerk ?

i kne albert davy said:
Burtonblue said:
I wasn't referring to today.
We have struggled vs the likes of Sunderland et al for yrs not just today.
The complacent approach involves the whole team and the players I mentioned were but a few examples.
It's about grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck from the get go. We do not always do that against the less fancied opponents do we?!

andyhinch said:
mcmanus said:
andyhinch said:
Do we make shit teams look good, batter the bests teams in the league, I'm interested in your views.

Fucks knows pal Strap in as usual and enjoy the ride. It's just City.
I've only been going for 3 years and I'm not used to it.

Shut it old timer. I've been here for just over a year. Go super Blues.

andyhinch said:
mcmanus said:
andyhinch said:
Do we make shit teams look good, batter the bests teams in the league, I'm interested in your views.

Fucks knows pal Strap in as usual and enjoy the ride. It's just City.
I've only been going for 3 years and I'm not used to it.

Fuck off Andy haha. We'll either walk it as the bookies reckon or win/lose it in bizarre fashion. Still be a laugh.

Burtonblue said:
i kne albert davy said:
Burtonblue said:
I wasn't referring to today.
We have struggled vs the likes of Sunderland et al for yrs not just today.
The complacent approach involves the whole team and the players I mentioned were but a few examples.
It's about grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck from the get go. We do not always do that against the less fancied opponents do we?!
This was me having a bit of a laugh tbh, I'll not go upstairs, Billy I could run a football club from my spare sock would put me right. I'd have started my strongest team and rested them in the second half after putting it to bed, but hindsight is a wounderfull thing.

Fixture list

Had it fallen at a different point in the fixture list, we would have been fresh and been able to play a stronger team.

Marvin said:
Fixture list

Had it fallen at a different point in the fixture list, we would have been fresh and been able to play a stronger team.

Amazing insight Marvin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.