Why

I'm not sure I agree with the premise of this thread, for if it was true and given there are more 'shit' teams than good ones, it would hardly suggest a rosy outcome to this season, does it?

I think it's fairer to say that the overall standard of all teams in the PL are on average the highest we've seen. All that money from TV means that all teams have good players. No one rolls over any more ( ok, Fulham excepted based on yesterday's flaccid effort).

That is why Stoke can beat Chelsea, Aston Villa can beat Arsenal, Man Yoo can beat Norwich (ok, that's a joke......isn't it?) ......you get my drift.

Absolutely great excitement, though this season. I have no idea who'll win it, though City clearly have the best squad.

If I'm allowed the indulgence to widen the thread a bit, all I hope is that the final winner is one of Arsenal, City or Liverpool. Ideally Chelsea and Man Yoo would fail to finish in the top 4 being trumped by Everton. Unlikely as that sounds, it'd be hugely funny to see the season end expressions on the faces of Moyes and Mourinho were that to happen. Also, I like the cut of Martinez and wouldn't begrudge him that kind of finish for the Toffees.

All those decades of relegation scraps always left us with the occasional hope with a win against one of the top teams.

Didn't we beat Chelsea at home one year when they were champions and it was their only defeat of the season when we were scrambling around wanting the 40 points?

Teams fighting for their lives occasionally pull off a shock result.

We lost the title in 1972 by a point, and we drew at home to Huddersfield who were relegated.

It happens, it always has, and the FA Cup is full of shock results.

Football, don't we just love it!

Top teams think they can get something from the game so they attack us which creates space and we tear them apart. The lesser teams think a 0-0 is a massive result so park to bus and give us no space and so we struggle.

We played it just right. Getting 40 points as soon as possible has always been our first premier league priority. To be safe before New Year is indeed an achievement .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.